Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious - anybody here carry a P-11 in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster? I was thinking about ordering one, but was wondering...will a P-11 fit in it with the belt clip installed? Anyone with experience in this area?

Thanks in advance

G

·
haven't tried it with a P11 but I used to carry my P32 in a Uncle Mikes #1, with the clip installed and it usually would ride on the inside of the holster without any problems. It didn't affect the draw or reholstering. I eventually took the pocket clip off as you can do and leave the pins and screws in. It doesn't affect the pistol at all.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
To me, the P-11/P-40/P-357 is just a tad too big for comfortable pocket carry. Add the additional bulk of a pocket holster, and I'd have to have cargo pants to do it. Then, I wonder if I could actually draw the gun easily.

The P-3AT works well for me in the front pocket with RJ Hedley's holster -- but even in blue jeans fresh out of the wash, it can be a tight fit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was planing on using the belt clip, but i seem to be a little too heavy for it to be comfortable, especially when im gonna be hiking/biking.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Think about trying the Fobus paddle holster for your P-11. Easy on and off, inexpensive (about $17 from cheaperthandirt or sportsmansguide.com). When I use it with my P-357, I almost forget it is there....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i might just do that. but first im gonna try to "roll my own" pocket holster, using the instructions from "that other kel-tec forum site". I couldnt find any leather easily, and fake leather was 79 buck a yard!!! so i got some brown vinyl with a grain for 8 bucks a yard. im gonna reinforce it with cardboard, put vinyl on both sides. now i need some styrafoam 5/8" thick. should be able to snag some from work.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i did it. took mabey 1 hour. snaged some thick styrafoam from work (about 1.5" thick", cut it down to 5/8" thick. drew the pattern, cut 2 pieces of vinyl and 1 piece of cardboard (from the back of a pad of graphing paper). put the vinyl on both sides of the cardboard so it is smooth inside & out. cut a strip of vinyl 5/8" x 11" long to wrap the styrafoam. didnt have any rubber cement, so i used Liquid Nails Construction Adhesive from a caulking gun. looks pretty good, im impressed with myself (doesnt happen often). i drew the pattern with the belt clip on the gun, but when finished and i tried it, it was too tight and the clip snagged the inside vinyl. i forgot to make it a hair larger since the cardboard and 2nd layer of vinyl made it snugger. so i took the clip off and left the screws in. now im gonna make one for my Excam GT28 .25 cal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since this post was originally about the DeSantis Nemesis holster for the P-11, I'd like to add my .02 worth.

First of all, I read a rave review for the P3AT Nemesis holster, so I ordered one for my P3AT. I must say I couldn't be happier with that holster. It's just what the "Doctor ordered" so to speak. Wonderfully designed and works perfectly.

When I took the plunge and bought my P-11, I decided to order a Nemesis for the P-11. The work clothes which I normally wear have large pockets, so that makes front pocket carry for the P-11 a viable option for me.

To say I was severely disappointed with the P-11 holster is an understatement. IMHO it must have been designed by someone other than the P3AT Nemesis designer, or else the designer was "out to lunch" that day.

Try as I may, I could not achieve a proper grip on the pistol and about 20 percent of the time I came up with both the pistol and holster still attached to each other. Not a good situation. I seriously thought about sending the holster back. But I so loved the P3AT holster that I decided to try to make the P-11 holster work properly.

First I unstitched the seam binding around the holster opening. I then carefully studied the P3AT holster and transferred an oversized design of its cut to the P-11 holster. The basic problem with the P-11 holster is that, as the factory supplies it, the holster comes almost straight up from just behind the trigger guard to a point very high on the grip. This leaves very little of the pistol grip exposed, thus precluding achieving a proper grip when drawing the weapon.

I then took a pair of sewing scissors and cut a good sized tapered piece from both sides of the holster. I was very careful to leave the trigger guard fully covered, just as the P3AT holster is designed. I then restitched the seam binding around the new opening. Now the holster works as it should. It isn't as pretty as it would have been if the factory had performed its job and made the holster properly in the first place, but it now works well.

Sorry I don't have the capability to post pictures.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
grb-rcb,
Nice write up.
You know, you can pick up a camera that will take pics good enough to post for VERY little. Even a Webcam for $19.99 will take them. They won't be great, but they'll serve their purpose.
Flyer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts