Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I purchased two new P-3AT pistols, from two different dealers. The serial numbers are quite a bit different. The one is H38XX. The other one has two letters in it, H3NXX. (X for last numbers) Can someone tell me about when each of these two guns were made? Is one an older production. They are both supposed to be new.
Thanks,
MR.G

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't tell you what the manufacture date is but I can tell that my H2lXXX was made in Dec. of last year so yours has to have been made at most within the last two months.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Harley, tell more

Harley,
I'm curious to know if you've had a chance to fire your new P3AT and the results. Any smileys, head bonkers, etc.?
Would sure like to know if it's built different than some of ours.
og

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the first one about a week ago, and have only put about forty rounds through it. Corbon, Federal Personal Defense, and Winchester white box, with no feeding problems. The follower did get hit, and now has a smiley on it. Did not drop the magazine before it was empty to see if any bullets had been hit by the feed ramp. The front of the frame rails got dented by the slide, which I repaired with 600 grit. I bought the second one today and have not fired it yet. When I got the gun home today I noticed the difference in the serial numbers, and wondered if one was an older production. The one only had one letter in it, and the other had two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
serial numbers

Mine starts with H3.

I was at a gun show and saw one that started with H4.

I was wondering if I had an old one until I realized that there are only 1000 numbers between h3000 and h4000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.