Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
G-Nut,

You'll enjoy that DP-51. I got mine back in '93 when a company called Firstshot was the importer. It was developed as the official military sidearm for the South Korean Army.

Recently, I picked up a used but very nice condition DH-40 -- the .40 cal derivative -- for $250. Basically, everything (slide, frame, magazine) from the DP-51 is slightly enlargedin the DH-40. No, the 11-round .40 cal mags are not interchangable with the DP-51...I tried. Actually, it is sitting here next to me on the bedside table of my hotel room. It is my full-time center console gun in my company car. If you come across one, you may want to add it to your collection. It has that same unique "fast-fire" tri-action (true double, single, and smooth/quick fast-fire).

You'll like that Camp 9 carbine when you get it too. That happened to be my first S&W 59 mag. series gun -- followed by the DP-51, P-11, and Sub2K.

Flyer, you sure about that delayed blowback? The barrels on my DP-51 and DH-40 have locking lugs similar to a 1911 that lock into the slide -- and the chambers are machined smooth as a baby's butt. Maybe I'm misreading your description...or maybe 1911s are delayed blowback too (showng my 1911 ignorance). :wink:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yep, sure do. Send me a PM with a mailing address and I'll send you a xerox copy when I get back to the "office". My plastic gun box had a cardboard outer sleeve in full color. I'll make a copy of that for you too.

Sounds like you got one of the early imports as well -- which is good. Guess it has the lanyard lug at the rear of the mag well? A remnant of it's military origin. I think the finish on them was nicer than the later imports. My DH-40 was imported by B-WEST -- and although good, I think the slide finish is better on my DP-51.

Oh, I almost forgot. You'll notice that the hole in your DP-51 magazines where the release locks in are a little smaller than what you have in the 59 mags. Some of the aftermarket 59 mags don't lock in well -- so, you may want to try them in the gun before you buy. Finding 13-round Daewoo mags is possible at gunshows -- but they are usually pricey. I saw some last weekend but passed them by...they had $49 price tags on them.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Maybe so...

Daewoo DP51 Pistol, Cal. 9mm
Produced in Korea by Daewoo. Light weight, short recoil, locked breech, May be fired in three modes: single-action, double-action and “Fast Action”. Comes with 1 10 rd. magazine, nylon holster in a plastic carrying case.
Very affordable for home defense!
HG107N Condition: New
From Century Arms website -- the current importer.

See: http://www.centuryarms.com/daewoo.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.