Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just thought I'd let everyone know about my recent dealings with Kel-Tec customer service. I needed an assembly pin for my P3AT due to the problem of it backing out. When I called the 800 line I talked to a lady that was by far one of the most pleasant and helpful that I have ever encountered. She knew what she was talking about !! To top everything off, they sent me a new assy pin at no cost ! All the proof they had that I even had a Kel-Tec product was my word.
Great people to deal with and I will give the new pin a workout first chance I get. :D :D

Glen S.

G

·
One post that is consistent throughout the K-Tec Range is that hands down Kel-Tec has one of the best customer service departments to deal with. Also, we have a KT gunsmith that regularly post here. What else could you ask for.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
New Assembly Pin

Ditto on Kel Tec Technical/Customer Service...... Yesterday I called Kel-Tec and they are likewise going to send me a new assembly pin. I'm curious, and I"m sure others would like to know, what is difference between the new pin and the old one; Kel Tec didn't tell me what changes they have made.
Cheers, tlen

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
When you call Kel-tec and ask to speak to one of the Techs/Smiths, you actually WILL get transferred to one of them. And any questions that you have, they will answer it!!

G

·
I called KT today about my Hard Chrome exchange for my P3AT. "They said" that they will get it shipped out today or tomorrow....this would put the down time at about a week for my P3AT. The tech said that they are pre-firing the HC slides as to recude the down time when people want to upgrade. They said that it takes about 24 hours to get the exchange info into the computer and then send out the new slides.

p.s. they did advise me that the girl that usually does this is out of town this week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Service!!

My dealer sent my P3 in for a "triger pin" malfunction early this month. I stopped by his store Monday to check status, and he told me turnaround was 4 weeks after they recieved it. Tuesday AM I called and talked to a tech (she stated that in was logged in on the 9th, and the 4 weeks started then) and I asked if they had so many failures and were backed up that long, or were they not as responsive as indicated in the American Rifleman Article: 36 hours later my dealer called and said my P3 was in!! YES THEY ARE GOOD, but they must understand that we carry these things for a reason! :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
Re:

Midiman said:
norfdet893 said:
I called KT today about my Hard Chrome exchange for my P3AT.
Ya mean you couldn't wait to see it you could win a free one in the postal match???
Well.....NO....mine was in pieces becasue I attempted to fix it and could not get it back together. I needed to return it to them so that I could start carrying it again....

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re: Service!!

catfishbill said:
and I asked if they had so many failures and were backed up that long, or were they not as responsive as indicated in the American Rifleman Article:

Try that with just about any other Manufacturer (gun or not) and see what you get. KT employees have 8 hours a day to fix and Manufacture all the Guns in their system. Hey! I got it! they could drop production for a day and clear out the relative few Malfunctioning guns. Oh but wait, then what do they say to the distributors calling to ask where there promised shipment was?? KT has to manufacture to make money and correct malfunctioning guns to maintain cust loyalty. Give them a break. 4 weeks is a great turn around time in my book.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I think you misread his overall intention. Even though he was told to expect a 4 week delay from the day the gun was received, he got it back a day and a half later and was a happy camper... er... KTranger.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
I think you misread his overall intention. Even though he was told to expect a 4 week delay from the day the gun was received, he got it back a day and a half later and was a happy camper... er... KTranger.

catfishbill said:
YES THEY ARE GOOD, but they must understand that we carry these things for a reason!
I may have misunderstood the post. If so I am sorry for the reply Catfishbill. I took the above post to be a slam of KT. I guess I can be overzealous in my Def of KT. My Bad. :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts