Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I purchased a box of corbon .32acp. This ammo would not feed at all due to the large diamenter of the rim. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same trouble or if corbon fixed the problem. I rectified the problem by turning down the rim (actually made it rimless) and it functioned fine. I was impressed with it's expansion (all rounds expanded), in a variety of mediums.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rimlock

I'm not a newbie to rimlock. What I was trying to say about corbon was that the rim was way too big in diamenter, it was out of spec. I took the rim off and made it rimless and it functioned fine. Just wondering if corbon had corrected this problem.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Umm...
Well see, there's not a problem.
Like Midi said, you're gonna find a rim on any .32 ACP case.
Flyer

·
Registered
18 Posts
What is the difference between 32 auto and 32 ACP

what is the difference? Keltec sayes to use 32 Auto. I am confused but what's new?
:D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
No difference.
The Cor-Bon's rims tend to be bit wider than most .32 and cause more rimlock that other brands.
It's all the same.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Hollowpoints also tend to be a bit shorter overall and cause more back and forth shift... it can cause the rims to lock more easily than FMJ which tends to stay in place a little better. You're making us all repeat a lot of stuff you would have already found if you followed my initial advice and simply used the search feature. Search for: rimlock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
corbon rimlock

I am fully aware of rimlock with the .32acp. Maybe I didn't make my point clear enough. I had a problem with the corbon ammo while using a flywire which I made myself a long time ago. The question is "has anyone else had a problem with corbon .32acp ammo due to it's oversize diamenter rim or has corbon corrected their problem"? The corbon would not feed at all from my modified mag as the diamenter of the rim was out of spec. In order to made the ammo work I chucked the rounds in an elec. drill and turned the rim down, actually made it rimless. Dangerous? - yes & no. Took care not to let the rounds get too hot (was very time consuming), but the end product was ammo that would work in modified and unmodified magazines. I purchased my first p32 several years ago and had problems with extraction. Took a drive to their facility and Valerie promptly fixed it and I upgraded to a chrome slide. Since then the pistol has been 100%. I purchased my 2nd p32 about a year and a half and out of the box it has been 100%.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has digested umc fed hydrashoks and the corbon no problem Im gonna try some silvertips golden saber and ranger sxt if available . no problems yet though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts