Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried several different lots of corbon .32acp ammo. The first batch was useless as the rim was too big in diamenter to feed from the mag. The second batch is too erratic. I had one failure to extract (partial extraction). Upon examination of the case is noticed significant bulging which caused the round to want to stick in the chamber. I've shot with great success their .38 special rounds and they have proven very potent, but I cannot trust their .32 ammo anymore. Too bad as their round has good potential if they could make it work. I know the chambers in the p32's are oversized and I think this combined with the excessive pressure is a bad combination. I'm going to shoot the rest of the .32 corbon in both my p32's to see if I have any more problems. In the meantime, depending on the circumstances will either use win. silvertip or newly acquired Geco ammo, or s & b or fiochi.

G

·
sorry it didn't work, i have used it in my P32 with great success. because of this i prefer it in my P32, becasue it is a mouse gun and i feel that the cor-bon gives me the most i can get out of this caliber. although if the cor-bon doesn't work for you i as others would reccomend the silvertips as a second placer. which ever you choose, keep your butt low and your powder dry.....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I can pretty much guarantee you that Geco ammo is going to operate at similiar pressure levels as the Cor-Bon.
Seems to me it's your pistol that doesn't like Cor-Bon, not the other way around!
Anyhow... I don't for a second believe that Cor-Bon ammo sucks.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I've not experienced any of the above listed problems in my P-32. The S&B is a good load for the P-32 and I have used a bunch of it with great success.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not say nor did I imply that corbon ammo sucks. I said and meant that their .32acp ammo sucks. I've shot 2 different lots of this ammo. Lot #1 - rim diamenter too large - would not feed from mag. I turned the rim down and all rounds were perfect. Lot #2. Shot 20 rounds - round #3 bulged and did not fully extract. Upon examination of all spent cases only 1 was bulged. Possible causes - excessive powder?, weak brass? I don't know. Just a fluke maybe. If the 2nd lot worked fine I was going to get a few more boxes of the same lot #, but not now. The silvertips, while not as potent have proven to me to be more relaible in both my p32's. While we're on the subject of ammo CCI makes the best .22lr ammo in the USA. Most bulk packed .22 ammo is substandard ammo and is sold at discounted prices at places like Walmart. If you want good .22 ammo stick to CCI or any of the foreign made stuff. Just my opinion but with hundreds of thousands of rounds fired.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cor Bon Ammo!

Well I shot 50 rds at the range today of CB (along with another 150 of Win White Box) and was surprised.

Both my .45's and my G19 ALWAYS had problems with CB - ALWAYS. Jams, FTE, etc. My inexpensive P32 digested the CB with NO problems (no problems with the FMJ stuff either).

That includes mags full of CB and mags mixed with CB and WW.
Absolutely no probs at all. I'll do more testing to get more experience, but based on this afternoon, looks like Cor Bon will
likely be my carry round. I reall was surprised at how well the P32 ate the stuff up :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear that u had better luck with c/b .32acp. Just curious, did u examine the brass for bulges? All 20 rounds were bulged, but only 1 jammed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cor Bon Ammo?

Didn't see any cartridge bulges but wasn't looking too hard. Out of the ones I did handle, they didn't seem out of the ordinairy.

I'll make a point of looking harder though nect weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts