Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool \"Carry-Shorts\"

Geez, already surpassed 100 in San Antonio this week after not even hitting 90 until last week. So much for Spring. Too hot for jeans in the daytime.

I found some cool "carry-shorts" made by Columbia. They have an extra front pocket on the right side (sorry southpaws), that is zippered, with a pull-string on the zipper that sits just outside of the opening of the regular front pocket. They call it a "zip-closed security pocket". So, not only is your pocket pistol contained in a zippered pocket, your regular front right pocket is still available for normal use. This pocket is directly under the regular front pocket which greatly aids in anti-printing. P32 in a beat up Uncle Mike's #1 fits well. I think they are called "mountain shorts" (not sure), but I found them at Mervyn's on sale for $25, regularly $35 in a variety of colors. I think Cabella's carries Columbia Sportswear also.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Cool! My only problem is that I can't wear shorts.
I have no idea why. It could be 211 degrees out, one more to reach a roiling boil in my bloodstream... and I'd have on my Levis, full-length.
Mebbe it's in the jeans.. er, genes..
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, Midi said as much himself a while back. You guys need to come spend a few days in South Texas, or better yet, South Louisiana, where the only thing you can stand on your legs is some Deep Woods Off.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope... it's a mental thing, I guess.
I grew up in Kentucky and still go there once a year for a two-week "camping" trip that's really a survival exercise... deep in the most densely forested area available. It gets HOT.
I STILL am wearing jeans. :shock:
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK... Laredo definately trumps Kentucky for hot, not to mention sweltery! I get your point. Myself, I'm not even wearing shoes until October unless I have too. But you know us Cajuns. "Me I don't worn none of dem shoe bafore high school no how, unless I had went to church, and I had barrowed dat from my broder."

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
TxCajun,

If it's been THAT long since sunshine hit Flyer's and Midi's legs....

Whew!! I don't think we'd want to see that! 8) I'd have to darken these shades just to keep from being blinded!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
F&S,
You ARE right about that...
BUT, I figger if I'm ever in a situation (hostage, maybe?) where I've gotta disrobe... well, let's just say being mooned by me would probably get you bandages over your eyes for a week.
Flyer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Cool! My only problem is that I can't wear shorts.
I have no idea why. It could be 211 degrees out, one more to reach a roiling boil in my bloodstream... and I'd have on my Levis, full-length.
Mebbe it's in the jeans.. er, genes..
Flyer
I know you didn't say Levis! Don't you know that the Levis Company is one of the largest gun control supporters? You should also stay away from Ben and Jerrys, they are up at the top of the anti gun support groups. Just FYI

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, I know they're on the anti's bandwagon...
But, they make the jeans I like best... and I figure all the contributions I make to the NRA and other Second Amendment groups more than makes up for my occasional Levi's transgression.
A necessary evil, so to speak...
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Yep, I know they're on the anti's bandwagon...
But, they make the jeans I like best... and I figure all the contributions I make to the NRA and other Second Amendment groups more than makes up for my occasional Levi's transgression.
A necessary evil, so to speak...
Flyer
I concur. I AM, however, bothered by the fact that they have now shipped all their jobs out of the country. I'm now wearing a Levis jacket that was made in India. It only cost $29 instead of the typical $70 tho...

·
Registered
321 Posts
have you ever noticed how we all have ADD as related to the topic? We start out on one thing, and..........dddddddddduhhhhh...... butterflies!
Huh? What was I saying??

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yeah...
That's 'cause there ain't any of those nosy, good-for-nothin', know-it-all, "The High Road" type moderators around KTRange who up and decide on their own if somethin's on topic or not.
Hey.... waittaminnit!!!
HEY!!!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, back on topic: Columbia mountain shorts = made in Nicaragua.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Ok, NOW color me confused...
Did your mountain shorts suddenly spring all their seams and pop off at the mall, leaving you in just your boxers as all the teenyboppers giggled and pointed 'cause they were made in Nicaraugua?
Flyer

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thankfully NOT - Just that apparently some folks seemed concerned about where things are manufactured (Levis, etc) although I don't know where you'd find much clothing made in the USA anymore.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cargo shorts and longs

Cargo style is in so they don't look conspicuous like an overly heavy fanny pack. I'm wearing a pair of Faded Glory (Walmart) shorts with about an 8" inseam. A deep slash pocket goes behind about a 6x6 bellowed velcroed pocket on each side and there's a mag pocket on the right side.
I also have a similar style with zip on legs.
Dicks Sporting goods also has a bunch of styles as does JC Penny.
You can keep a piece of cardboard in the outer pocket. but the double pockets won't print the P3AT.
The P11 will also work but needs a pocket holster to keep it upright.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Thank God I'm in America, where I DON'T have to wear Cargo pants or shorts... they may be "in", but I myself am not in. Therefore, I'm exempt.
Anyhow, I'm of the opinion that God invented shorts for women to wear.
Trust me... if YOU lived where I live, you'd KNOW why I say that!
Flyer

·
Registered
154 Posts
More Cool Shorts

I live on the Mississippi gulf coast and wear shorts all summer. Mossy Oak also makes great carry shorts like Columbias, but with their neat camo design.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.