Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the P-40 and P-357 based on the P-11? Basically if I had a P-11 could I "upgrade" it to a P-357?

·
Registered
190 Posts
P40/357 conversion uses same slide but different barrels for each caliber. Entire top end exchanges with P11 top end on same frame/grip. Cannot use 40/357 barrels with 9mm slide and can't use 9mm barrel w/40 slide.

The short answer is -- yes, you can buy a 40 or 357 conversion unit (slide, barrel, recoil guiderod and springs) that fits right on the P11 frame/grip. P40 magazines are not needed (although many believe they feed better) the 9mm mags usually feed 40/357 just fine but you do give up some capacity.

BIGIRON

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Midiman, I did enter but did not indicate that I would like to be eligible for the .357 conversion. Could you allow me in the drawing even though I did not follow protocol by identifying that I was interested in the conversion?

I do not currently own a P-11, but do indeed intend to purchase one, and having the ability to convert to .357 SIG would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Revival said:
Are the P-40 and P-357 based on the P-11? Basically if I had a P-11 could I "upgrade" it to a P-357?
Absolutely you can. I did. I even bought a 40 cal barrel that is a drop in fit for the 357sig combo.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Re:

Midiman said:
All entrants are automatically entered in our random drawings for the other prizes.
Great news Midi! I forgot to say that I could use it on my forms as well! Man If I win I am going to buy a P-11 just to convert and then carry both at all times!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re:

Gun_Nut_2k1 said:
Great news Midi! I forgot to say that I could use it on my forms as well! Man If I win I am going to buy a P-11 just to convert and then carry both at all times!
Amen to that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts