Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Well, first I would like to thank that Academy, my director and producers. But most of all I would like to thank all of you. Without all of your support none of this would have ever happened.............................................(how did this happen anyway?) :?:

Although, I am glad to be and consider myself a "plank owner" of this web site.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: norf

byron said:
why are you wearing a tux and holding that little gold kel-tec? :D
Byron - you just gave me a great IDEA. My wife is a huge James Bond fan. I'm going to get one of those ivory grip frames and dye it gold. Now for the slide, any suggestions on how to get a nice gold or gold-looking finish that will be durable on the slide? If it were aluminum, I would have it anodized, but I don't know what's available for steel. Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: norf

ttDilbert said:
byron said:
why are you wearing a tux and holding that little gold kel-tec? :D
Byron - you just gave me a great IDEA. My wife is a huge James Bond fan. I'm going to get one of those ivory grip frames and dye it gold. Now for the slide, any suggestions on how to get a nice gold or gold-looking finish that will be durable on the slide? If it were aluminum, I would have it anodized, but I don't know what's available for steel. Thanks,
Chuck
You might check with Jack Fuselier and see if he can do gold plating.
http://www.gunsmith.fuselier.com/slideoffer.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jack's plating

I emailed Jack about it, but he hasn't replied yet. I was thinking about it last night, maybe a titanium-nitride coating like they put on those fancy drill bits would work. It certainly seems durable, and is gold enough for the purposes of my project. What do my fellow KTRangers think? Do you know anyone who does this process? TIA
Chuck
Edit- OOPS! I just checked my email and there was his reply. I just asked him about the Ti-N plating, we'll see what he says.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Cue the bond music --

A gold kel-tec. Now that would be something!!!!And of course the tux is nice also!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
ttdilbert

you'd better be careful, next she'll want an aston martin to go with it. :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
That gold gun thing.......That sounds like something I would do......I need another Glock...... :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts