Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the belt clip with my new P3AT last night and installed it this morning. I'm dissapointed in what appears to be a manufacturing defect. Instead of pointing straight down the frame, the clip is angled downward so that it protrudes slightly into the trigger guard area. I seem to remember now someone else commenting about this and referring to bloody fingers after a long shoot. I can't say for certain if that comment was in reference to this pistol but looking at the way this clip fits it certainly could be.

Can others who have/use these clips tell me if this is normal? I can't imagine it would be, it would be so much better if the clip just went straight down the frame parallel to the slide - it would look better too. The design of the clip makes it very difficult to impossible to modify (bend) it to correct this problem once it's been stamped like it is.

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I'd just return the clip and get a new one, or call Kel-Tec and send them the clip and have a new one delivered.
This isn't a common problem that I'm aware of.
Flyer

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've used the belt clip, and removed it since. It's worthless.
A) The beltclip on the P3AT / P32 mounts differently than on the P11/P40. There's only one bolt/screw to hold it in place, so the rear of the clip (where it bolts on) has two tabs that are "folded over" to grip the edges of the rear of the pistol. The pistol grip is plastic, and the force of the metal pushing on the plastic as you use the clip allows the clip to dig grooves in the plastic, which gradually allows the clip to loosen significantly, and move around quite a bit. As a result, it can indeed drift towards the trigger area. Also, the both sides of the rounded head on the mounting screw can and *will* cut up your hand, and I have pictures of my hand to prove it, after only about 25 rounds.

Try removing the clip and using a pair of pliers to *gently* tighten up the folded over tabs on the belt clip, then remount it and see if that helps. Better yet, just throw it in the trash and spend the money to buy a decent holster.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
madman,
Well, gee... sometime when you've got the chance, tell us your REAL opinion of the belt clip! 8)
Flyer

·
Registered
432 Posts
Erm, yea... In all my excitement about the belt clip, I forgot the simplest solution for ya, SNAFU -- box the belt clip, with the P3AT still attached, ship it to me, and I'll endure the pain and suffering on your behalf. Think nothing of it. As a member of this forum, I'm sworn to come to the aid of gun owners the world over who are having problems, and take their pain and suffering (or at least their guns) as my own. I don't want to toot my horn or anything like that, I just want y'all to know you can count on me to help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It might have been mounted on the wrong side of the gun?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Madman,

It's the dedication of fellow ktrangers, like you, who will bear the brunt of our agonies and help out un-selflessly that makes this such a great place (or something like that anyway)--- :)

MD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re:

G33InMyPocket said:
It might have been mounted on the wrong side of the gun?
G33

I was thinking the same thing, until I got out my P3AT and tried to mount mie on the wrong side. I found out that you can not mount it on the wrong/ opposite side of the gun due to the shape of the gun and clip.

I would say mail it back to Keltec and get a new one

HTH

Grey Wolf

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just thought I should show how *terribly* the belt clip made me suffer. But, it's ok. I'll gladly take more suffering. I'm a glutton for (gun) punishment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts