Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my SUB2000 back after being gone for 3 and 1/2 weeks for the recall. Went out to check function and site it in. After firing a full mag. 10 rounds. The collar that goes on the back of the grip frame had backed out till it was sliding on the receiver tube. I put it back on and it done it again before 10 more rounds were fired. What is supposed to hold that collar to the grip frame? Looks threaded but there is no threads on the grip frame. I hate to send it back again and have them keep it for no telling how long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only threads on my gen 2 grip frame are those cut by the threads in the steel collar on the "corners" of the frame. They don't amount to much and don't really provide any holding power. When I installed the MCarbo performance trigger job bundle the kit included a tube of Loctite 380 "Black Max" Plastic to Metal Instant Adhesive for use on the collar. Have had no problems after 200 rounds. It sounds like Keltec failed to use an adhesive when your sub was reassembled. Note: There was adhesive residue on the collar when I removed it to install the MCarbo mods so Keltec obviously uses it to hold the collar in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talked with customer support at Kel-Tec yesterday and they are sending me some of the adhesive they use to put the collar back on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine came loose pretty quickly after firing my sub when I got it.
I thought about buying the adhesive sold by "M*Carbo but decided why should I have to buy that.
I did call Keltec about this and was disappointed that they did not have a simple solution other than putting adhesive on it.
However, I installed a bolt tube rubber pad on my carbine (and extended the stock to its longest position) and now the rubber bolt tube cover keeps the collar from backing off. It can't move because It cannot slide over the rubber bolt tube cover.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SAY, what is this about a recall? I wasn't informed by Keltec about any recall!
Yep Kel-Tec really dropped the ball on this one. I would not have known about it had it not been for this forum. It does come up on the Kel_tec web site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, thank goodness for this forum, otherwise I would not have known to even check on the status of my carbine. I did go to the website and entered my serial number and, thank goodness, my carbine is not affected by the recall (barrels that were not properly heat-treated and could possibly blow up if they get too hot).

·
Registered
3 Posts
New S2K owner here!

I recently (2 weeks ago) bought mine and noticed the receiver collar on mine has no threads either. But what it does have is what I would call "quick-lock":

01_01.JPG

I've only put 150 rnds thru it so far, but had no problems with the collar coming loose. I did (and will) check it whenever I fire it. It doesn't seem to be the best design in the world, but until it doesn't do it's job.....

From what I can gather, my gun was made 2nd qtr 2018.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's supposed to be some epoxy holding that collar in place. Same as guy above stated--I did the MCARBO upgrades and they supplied locktite 380 to use when reinstalling. Just did the upgrades last night and shot the rifle today with no issues. (BTW-the upgrades are worth doing if your into that stuff)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts