Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
For the SU I recommend the Otis cleaning kits.
They're steel cable encased in vinyl, and you can clean the bore without even taking your rifle down. Just insert the end through the ejection port, thread it down through the bore, and out the end. Then the cleaning brush or patch goes on, and is pulled through the bore out the muzzle.
You CAN use regular cleaning rods to clean from the muzzle... but it tends to be a pain, and there's always the risk of damaging the crown. Not so with the Otis system.
Flyer

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The Otis patch system is about TEN TIMES tighter-fitting in the bore than standard jag cleaning rod systems.
The reason for this is that you PULL the patch through the bore with the cable, with a small brass handle on the end of the cleaning cable. You have to pull hard.
Doing this, though, removes far more debris than standard systems, and has the bonus of running patches/brushes in only one direction, directly out the bore. Nothing's left behind.
And yep, that's the right Otis cleaning kit; it's the same one I keep in my range bag. It will take care of your bore just fine.
Flyer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.