Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll admit it….after a long (and still ongoing) love affair with my P32, P3AT and P11, I’ve gone astray. My new addition is a Glock 30. As far as semi-automatics go, all I’ve ever known are Kel-Tec's. Now to my question (haven’t been to the range with it yet) - When I chamber a round in the Glock, I cannot hand cycle it, ejecting the round and chambering the next. Is this normal operation? If I drop the magazine, I can eject the 1st round. In order to eject the 1st round and chamber the next, do you actually have to pull the trigger? With my Kel-Tec's, I can hand cycle enitire magazines till my heart's content. As always, any help would be appreciated.

G

·
i am not sure what your original question is. Don't ride the slide with the Glock's or any other for that matter. Riding the slide will cause it to improperly feed rounds. Is this gun new or used? DO NOT PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!!. The Glock is recoil operated pistol, where as the trigger will reset when the slide is cycled after firing a round. If the gun is new than functionally there is nothing wrong. If there is a cycling problem it is probably shooter induced. My advice is to load a magazine and sling shot the slide and let it ride home by itself. You can also try locking the slide open, inserting a magazine and aling shot it home.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The Glock 30 is my favorite! I'm wearing one right now.
Most likely the bullet is hitting the ejection port a little, and the added pressure of the round/mag follower underneath is preventing ejection.
Just drop the mag and eject the round. There's nothing wrong with your Glock.
Flyer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks flyer -
it's a new gun - not fired yet.
i load the mag, insert it, then chamber a round.
then, if i try to move the slide back to eject the
newly chambered round, the slide just stops after
moving about 1/2" back - the cartridge doesn't eject
(the top round in the mag gets pretty beat up too if
i try 3 or 4 times).
are you able to manually cycle all rounds from your
mag?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Midi -
i think you're right - i've let both mags sit fully loaded for a day,
and things seem to be "slowly" improving.
thanks -

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, the G-30 mags need to be broken in, so to speak. There's little room for any compression once the mag's full; letting the mags sit (or going and burning up a few hundred rounds!) is the best solution.
Flyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts