Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a like new MECH-TECH SYSTEMS Pistol-to-Carbine Conversion Unit (CCU) with all the accessories for $199. It has the Full length rail, accessory mounts, Ghost ring sights, and Stock insert. I bought my Dad one of the plain Jane ones a while back and it is a good gun. Anyone have any idea, comments. experience, or thoughts on the CCU? I think I will buy it tomorrow. Sure looks sweet with my 1911 mounted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one that came with my 1911. The previous owner had put one of the older (and larger) reddot sights on it, and the only other add-on was the muzzle brake. It's fun to shoot, but without the stock insert or stock cover, I get an annoying twang sound if my ear muffs are touching the stock. I've been looking for accessories at the gun shows, but haven't found any. Anybody know of a mailorder source for CCU accessories (mainly the stock insert and stock cover)?

·
Registered
47 Posts
From their website:

"Mech-Tech Systems sells to store front Retailers only."

They do list the retailers on their website, but the only three listed in my area code are in small towns that I'll have to dig out a map to find. Probably an hour or more in a direction I rarely drive. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Two gun shows in the area, this weekend. If I don't find any CCU accessories, and if I don't spend all my money at the gun shows, I might just dig the map out and take a drive next weekend. :?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did buy the CCu. It shoots superbly. The sights are a little to Militaryish (is that a word?). The CCU prints a tight group, and it will do even better after I mount my scope! This thing is a 100% go bang tool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
At 50 yards, mine will put all the rounds inside the area covered by the red dot in the reddot scope. I've been thinking about trying a 4x scope on it to see just how tight a group I can get, but haven't gotten aroung to swapping the scopes.

Turns out one of the guys at work lives about 5 miles from the closer of the three stores. He's agreed to pick the stock inserts up for me, next weekend, after I call to confirm that they have them in stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.