Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my P3AT out for a spin for the first time since the Wolf incident.
I literally got pelted in the face with spent cases and the take down pin started to back itself out every few rounds or so!! I only made it through 50 rounds before I gave it up!! :roll:

Wassup here???
I didn't have these problems before I shot the Wolf???
I can't trust it in this condition!! :shock:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
First thing to check is the extractor... make sure some debris hasn't worked it's way into it's channel making it not grip the rim properly.
As for the pin... I've no idea, other than slotting it to fit the spring. The hold I use places my thumb almost directly on the pin's head, so it's never come out.
Mysteries, mysteries...
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
assembly pin

i'm to the point that when i re-assemble my p3at i can feel if the pin is seating correctly. there is a definite "feeling" that comes with the spring clicking into place. if i don't get that feel i slap the gun smartly into my left palm a couple times and then retract the slide about 1/8", rotate the pin with my thumb and it usually gives me that "feel". if not i retract the slide by hand a couple times and try again. works for me. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds like black magic to me!
Why do you do that voodo that you do do so well, Hoodo?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
assembly pin

it's the p3ate that fate had me created for and everytime the slide meets mine. madman, round and round it goes, in and snap it goes.......................it's that old black magic called kel-tec. i think i'm in a spell again :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts