Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a P-11, from a member of this board, about 50 days ago, it also came with a Mitch Rosen "Workman" holster.

I have put 300 rounds down range with no problems at all with the P-11

I have worn this gun/holster combination for a total of about 185 hours. The holster is the kind that is worn inside your pants and is made so you can tuck your shirt in between the holster and your pants.

I have found this to be a very good concealed rig, even my sister, who knows I carry all the time, commented about me not carrying.

It takes a little time, finding a motion that is comfortable when you draw as it is not very quick. Gun at 3 o'clock: weak hand pulling the shirt clear, strong hand grabbing gun,: strong hand pulling shirt clear and grabing the gun,: both hands pulling shirt clear, weak hand holding shirt as strong hand removes gun.

I have worn this rig to the market, wally world, working in the yard, cleaning stalls, etc. The only place that it is not easy to draw is when riding in the truck, but that is not much of a problem as my G-32 is tucked between the seats.

Just thought this might help anyone looking for a carry rig.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Holster

Mike,

I use the beltclip on my P-11 and like it really well, I forget sometimes the gun is even in my waistband it is so comfortable.

But it would be great to have a holster that you can tuck in your shirt tail, but any kind of hoops or clips that would hang out would be a giveaway that you are carrying something.

Does this holster that you are talking about use anything that hangs over the top of your pants?

I cant see in my mind how it could work without something holding on to the outside of your pants or your belt going through it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Holster

Mike,

That belt loop showing would worry me!, with our new law starting people will be looking for signs of that kind of thing.

They really have some nice looking leather though.
Thanks!
$800 Box

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diamondmike

I really don't think people are going to pay much attention to one loop on your belt, most don't pay any attention.

Like I said before, my sister thought I was not carrying and did not notice that loop, she just thought it was part of my belt.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Holster

Mike,

The biggest problem with that holster would be transporting the gun in a car!, in Ohio's law we must carry the gun out in plain view or lock it in our glove box.

That would mean that if I was to use that holster I would have to untuck my shirt tail and remove the weapon and put it in my glove box or have another holster on me to put it in, and then when I got where I was going too I would then have to put the gun back into that holster and tuck my shirt tail back in, and after leaving that place I would have to go through the process again and again.

If they change our law it would be a option to look harder at!.

$800 Box

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
diamondmike,
in that case, this holster would not work very well.

Hope you find something that works for you.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
No holster is going to be ideal under these circumstances. Ya'll are going to have to get used to making the transition from car to street and there aren't a lot of great options unless you want to wear a coat year round or adopt ghetto gangster attire.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds as if an Ohio car compromise would be a P32/3AT in a pocket holster. Would the pistol, in the pocket holster, on the seat in open view satisfy the law?

BIGIRON

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Nope, Ohio has got the most ridiculous car carry regulation on the entire planet, most likely...
It's got to be securely in a holster ON THE BODY in plain sight.
Read that again.
I've gotten Fobus Paddle holsters for the guns I'll be carrying... they're easy to adjust and slip on and off and satisfy the requirements, and it'll be easy to (idiotically) get outta the car, pull my gun from it's open carry and conceal it in it's carry holster. It'll be fun to find out how soon this requirement goes the way of the Woolly Mammoth, when old ladies start fainting in the parking lots when everyone gets out of their car sporting a pistol.
Flyer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't be surprised if your carry law goes through several changes over the next few years. The TN carry law originally processed applications through county level law enforcement. The widespread foot dragging, in processing the applications, led to the state removing the process completely from county involvement. Later revisions addressed carry where booze is sold (couldn't carry at any place that sold a six pack of beer, but now the restriction only applies to places that sell for consumption on the premises) and carry on school property (now allowed to have the gun *in the car* while picking up or dropping off). I don't recall much noise on the alcohol sale change, but the anti's did make a fair amount of noise about the school change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts