Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midi, Flyer, and other AR-15 "experts" --

Your thoughts please on the Carbon 15 Pistol. I've been offered an opportunity to acquire one of these well below the prices seen on the various auction sites. Not real sure why I'd want it -- other than the price is right, and I suspect the supply may dry up some day.

It sure looks like from the photo below, it would be a "blast" to shoot!

http://www.gunblast.com/Bushmaster-Pistol.htm

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pistol

If that barrel is on a rifle frame you will need to get a class 3 permit, takes about 10 months!, anything that is on a rifle frame must not have a barrel less than 16 inches or you need the class 3 permit.

It looks like a 223, that short of barrel you will not get no where near what that round is capable of, thats why you see the large flash in the bottom picture, all that energy going up in flash.

$800 Box

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Those pistols are sold on frames never made into rifles and so are except. Just like the XP-100 from Rem. Seen em and it would be nice to add to a collection, but not for carry HEHE unless you are starting camp fires...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah....maybe I should continue to save my pennies for this .50 BMG pistol! :shock:

BTW, that is a 14-year old shooting it below....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I never could understand the idea of making the AR into a pistol.
You completely throw away the velocity of the 5.56 round and end up with just an expensive plinker that's not even that effective for defense!
I'd stick with full-sized ARs, if I were you... unless you're looking at it for the "novelty" or collector value.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
I never could understand the idea of making the AR into a pistol.
You completely throw away the velocity of the 5.56 round and end up with just an expensive plinker that's not even that effective for defense!
I'd stick with full-sized ARs, if I were you... unless you're looking at it for the "novelty" or collector value.
Flyer
Yep.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ah-ha!!! I've finally found a picture of the ever-elusive "assault-pistol" that the gun grabbers like the Brady Bunch and the Maybe-a-thousand Mom March have been screaming about for so long! Now, if I could just find a picture of that danged assault revolver!! Oh, wait, we already had that discussion -- disregard all, I believe Fly'nScuba has one of those!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts