Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to do a F&B on my new P32. I have the hammer spring released but can't for the life of me get the frame pins out. I've tried everything I can think of and am starting to damage the pins. I have a punch and a block with a hole in it, but no matter how hard I try those suckers will not come out. I don't want to damage them and not be able to get the gun back together. Any ideas?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The trick to getting the pins out is to tap lightly... if you use too much force, it causes the plastic to "swell" and grip the hole even harder!
Just make sure your punch is a good fit on the pin, then give light taps, allowing the pin to move a fraction of an inch each time instead of a heavy hit to try knocking them right out. This should take care of your problem!
Flyer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it finally. I had to hit it pretty hard to get them started. After that light taps did the trick. It must have been because they were new. Glad I won't have to do that again...

·
Registered
205 Posts
some times new pins still have flashing on them but get pushed into the thing anyway. So the first time is almost always the hardest.

If they are really stuck, call KT and tell them you damaged your pins trying to remove them, they will probably send you new ones free. Then when you get your new pins, take an undersized drill bit and drill out the center of the pins in the gun (but be careful to drill straight and not hit the frame or grip, only the center of the pin). That should allow you to tap them out, by allowing the pin to collapse a bit.

Then make sure you clean up the new pins before putting them in (so that no flashing gets pressed in there).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did trash them taking them out. :oops: They went back in okay but look horrible. I plan on making a spare parts order to Kel-Tec and will be sure to mention to them about it.

While on the subject of parts, is there any supplier online that has Kel-Tec stuff? Searches have come up short. It's a pain to go to Brooks Tactical for an Agrip, Kel-Tec for parts, Wolff for recoil springs, etc. Glock has so many places that are "one stop shops" I thought surely Kel-Tec would.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.