Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
how to you like the magtech ammo. My range always has Magtech on clearance table (gold box, if it is different quality).

-KL

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
It has looks a hogue grip with a finger extension

·
Registered
432 Posts
The lone pistol on the left side -- is that a Springfield XD SubCompact? If so, how do you like it? If not, what is it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a Springfield XD9 sub compact that I just bought. I absolutely love it. It's a very popular gun and for good reason. It has out performed the glock in the reviews and can handle lots of abuse. There is a website www.hs2000talk.com and you can read about all of the happy people there with their XD9's. It's the forum board for the XD9.

The Magtech ammo has never failed me on any of my guns. It's very reliable and decent ammo for the price. It shoots accurate, the recoil is a bit tough, but overall a good practice ammo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Springfield XD9 Subcompact

All my reading and talking with folks about the Springfield XD-9 Subcompact has resulted in all positive reviews/impressions. I looked serious at it before deciding on my Kahr PM9. The price, of course, was a bit cheaper in comparison to the PM9 and the Glock. It was just a little too big (overall size) for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ln1,

Even though I do have the sub-compact 3", it is a bit bulky in some clothing situations to carry. On those occasions I wish I had your PM9. That will be my next toy. It's just expensive, and reminds me a lot of the much cheaper Kel-Tec.

Lately, I have been carrying my Smith & Wesson 642 airweight. I don't even know its there and the quality is incredible. No plastic to look at, and simple. I carry a speed loader with it just in case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my PM9 "used" so I did not pay quite as high of a price that would be encountered for new. There are times, on very warm days in particular, that it becomes a challenge to conceal the carry. I use an IWB, but it's original design was poorly done. I've done a minor modification to it and it's sufficient for the time being.

If I were to choose a revolver to carry, an airweight would be my first choice. How do you carry the speedloader?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My airweight is my favorite. The quality and craftsmanship makes it a piece of art. It is extremely light yet is made with alloys instead of cheaper looking plastic. I put on a pair of Cocobolo(an exotic wood) grips and that really changed the whole appearance of it.

It's "leaness" makes it very easy to conceal and again, it's so light I forget its there. My airweight has the optional +p rating enabling it to shoot extremely powerful ammo. The speedloaders I carry one in my pocket and the other in my brief case. It's a very easy process. Go to www.smith-wesson.com

Check out the different snubbys.

G

·
I saw this and thougt it might be fitting to post here.
The names and faces were covered to protect the innocent.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
YEOWSIRR! Now THAT'S my kinda gun shop! My local shop might have a single AR in stock if I'm lucky. In several years I've only seen ONE AK-47 there (not that I'd ver really want one)... it's pretty much wall to wall, wood stocked hunting rifles. I own no wood that spits lead. I'm a black rifle kinda guy. Come to think of it... all my pistols are black too. Thanks for letting me know that life IS out there somewhere...

Addendum: I liked the pic so much, I felt the need to color correct it and do some enhancement to bring out some detail... hope you don't mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts