Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father-in-law came over after a senior citizen get together where a local Sheriff had a presentation on gun safety and was handing out cable gun locks(as all do I assume). Anyway-he brought me nine of them. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth but NINE? I said to my wife and daughter what am I going to do with all of these?(I have a couple already but I usually use trigger locks) My daughter says "hey dad I could use one as a bike lock! I checked and sure enough they fit perfect to lock the back tire and frame! After checking for duplicates(I don't want her unnlocking my guns obviosly) we now have 3 in the camper for our bikes. They are not long enough to lock the bike to anything but it will keep someone from riding of with the bike.

Other than the duplicate key thing, does anyone think this is a bad idea??
"CJ"

·
Registered
68 Posts
locks

as long as there are no duplicate keys, free is for me. what ever you can use them for, as long as all your firearms are properly locked go for it

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've got so many of those red and blue cable locks I gotta kick 'em outta the way to go to the bathroom.
Maybe I outta go down to the Bike Shop and sell 'em for a buck apiece... ya never know!
Flyer

·
Registered
519 Posts
at my permit class, the instructer showed us a lock where part of it is the exact same size as a cartridge, you put it in the chamber, and then a rod with a key lock at the end goes down the barrel into the cartridge lock. so you haveta buy the lock for the specific caliber of your gun. ive never seen one before, was kinda cool!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
They don't sell on ebay. I started at a $1 and never got a bid. :cry: If you have enough of them just place the male part of lock 1 into the female part of the lock 2. Keep doing it till you can go the length you want. Best if they are keys alike but....

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
That's the best idea I've heard all day!
I'm gonna see if I can put together a cable long enough to reach all the way around the house....
Flyer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts