Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kel-Tec has no plans to sell these into CA. Found a dealer who is going to try to get some in, but its funny that you should subtitle this forum "California's AR-15" given Kel-Tecs (understandible) reluctance to sell here directly.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I think when they designed it -- KT tried to be "California friendly" by making it without a pistol grip, etc...but decided the state just wasn't friendly to KT -- maybe even listing KT firearms as "unacceptable" or even illegal in the state?

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I've emailed kel-tec they always say they don't plan on selling them directly here because they are afraid of law suits and such if one is used in a crime.

Now, since it isn't banned by name and it's not banned by features shouldn't I be able to by it from any other place in the country and have them ship it to my ffl here? I know the folding is not an issue since the gun can't be fired with it folded so other than detachable mags it should be fine and be = to a ruger. Anyone know any good places that are selling them in other states for a good price?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I just bought one from a dealer in Ohio and am having it shipped to my dealer here in Florida. See the thread I started in the For Sale /Wanted to Buy section for the address and telephone number for the dealer. Their price was $540 including tax in Ohio. I didn't have to pay sales tax, but did pay the necessary shipping charges. After all is said and done on this end it will work out about the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts