1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who carry the P3AT as a back up gun:

What is your primary?
What loads do you carry?

My primary is either a Glock 26 with Rem 115 gr +P+ or a Kahr PM9 with CorBon 115 +P depending on how baggy my pants are.

My P3AT is stoked with Speer Gold Dot. If my backpocket isn't deep enough for the P3AT, I carry a Seecamp with Silvertip.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I once carried my G27 w/ Win. Ranger 180gr SXT. As I got older the G27 seemed to get bigger and heavier. I started carrying my P-32 with Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. It provided a lot less firepower but it was very comfortable in my Kramer pocket holster. The arrival of the P3-AT allowed me some peace of mind by increasing my firepower. I am comfortable with my P3-AT loaded with Corbon 90gr JHP.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
primary

Buck,
good question. If I'm in the car on a long trip the P3AT is in my right front pocket in a home made soft holster (to prevent printing and keep the lint out). Primary is my Springfield 1911 .45 on the seat beside me. That way I can get out of the car for gas or walk to the rest stop room without a gun showing. Some rest stops I've been at like the unattended, dirty ones on the interstates in Louisiana are really scarry, so before I stop I look the place over first, and grab the 1911 if trouble arrives. It was a rest stop where the DC snipers were sleeping and finally caught. So rest stops are a place where you want to be alert.

At home the Springfield is outa sight in the bedroom along with a Glock in the drawer by the bed (probably give the Glock to one of my boys for home defense, great pistol but even bigger than the 1911 to carry). P3AT here by the computer when I'm home. "MY" P32 is in wife's purse, she won't give it back. :lol: Don't have my P11 anymore, a friend wanted it.

If I'm just going shopping or walking in public, the P3AT becomes primary. However, if I thought I was going to have to go walking around in a bad area I might also carry my Bond 9mm derringer IWB with 2 135gr Hydra-Shoks hid under my shirt.

Some, like Evan Marshall, on his site say they carry 3 guns. He say he even carrys all 3 to church!!! I only have two hands, 3 seems like overkill (pun!).

Lot's of options, no one best method for me. Defensive carry has been a hot subject for a long time. We could really have a good go at it here if you want to. Like the legal aspects of having to shoot a BG, as well.
But let's not start a war, "my 45 is better than your 9mm", etc. Or "my 5 shots is better than your 2", like I've been bombed with on other sites.

og :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evan doesn't mess with extra ammo, his plan is to just go for another gun. Cirillo coined this "the New York reload". Its also good if your primary fails.

G

·
According to the weather and where I'm at it changes.
On a cold day I might have a S&W Model 66 .357 in a shoulder holster or even a .50AE Desert Eagle in a shoulder holster along with a S&W 340PD in a pocket or in a ankle holster.
On other days it might be a S&W 340PD .357 in one pocket and the P-3AT in the other.
On a day at the beach it might be a mini NAA .22 in my change pocket on my swim trunks with my arsnal back in the car and hopfully I can shoot over my shoulder at the BG's while I running like the devil back to my car or truck. :D
Sometimes it hard just to make a decision cause I like them all and hate to leave them at home :roll: my wife just rolls her eyes. I can't help it I'm a gun junkie. :lol:

Rook

G

·
If i'm working it's a Smith and Wesson 5946 with 147gr Sub Sonic (not my choice) and the P32 as a BUG. Soon the P3AT will take it's place as soon as I can do some reliability testing with it.

If i'm off it's a Glock 32 (.357sig) with 125gr Federal Classic and the P32 as a BUG.

If attire is a question than it's a KAHR PM9 with 124gr +p Speer GDHP, and the P32 as a BUG.

Noticing a trend here? In all the above though the P3AT is on it's way to replacing the P32.

·
Registered
31 Posts
primary is a H&K USP 40c with hydrashocks and 105 gr. golden sabres in the P3at

·
Registered
17 Posts
My primary carry gun is a Para-Ordnance 12.45 LDA loaded with 230 gr. Hydra-Shok (though I'll be stoking it with RBCD 90 grainers soon). I carry Golden Sabers in my P-3AT (also a placeholder until I can afford RBCD!)

BTW... when situations prevent easy carry of the .45, the .380 IS my primary carry gun...

=jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Kahr PM-9 has become my primary carry, when belt/waistband carry is an option. But, there is ALWAYS
something in the right front pocket, always. Either a
.32 or .380 and yes... ( gasp right here ) a .22 magnum
has found it's way in there from time to time. :twisted:

Corbons in .380 and GoldDots in .32 and Winchester
.22 mag and I like PMC Starfire in 9mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts