Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun show yesterday looking for some .45 and .223 bullets for reloading, and some other supplies, when I saw a P-40 on the table of a private seller. It looked like it was in good shape, just a little dirty. The price was $235.00. I only brought $100 with me and he didn't take credit or debit cards.

I asked him if he would hold it for me if I gave him the $100, and he agreed. I went to the front of the show to the ATM and paid $5.00 in fees to get another $240 out of the ATM, went back to his table, and walked away with my new-to-me P-40.

I never did find any .45 bullets, and for what the few people that had .223 bullets were asking, I could have bought the same amount of Tulamo, and pulled the bullets from them for less.

I did, however, find two 4006 S&W factory mags for $45.00, and since I didn't have any, I bought 3 boxes of .40 S&W ammo; One box of Zombie Max (20 rounds) for carry, and two boxes of PMC Bronze (50 rounds each) for punching paper.

Now I just need to order the parts from KT to build a P-11 top end.

All in all, not a bad day.

View attachment 2566 View attachment 2567 View attachment 2568 View attachment 2569 View attachment 2570

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Amazing! It looks brand new in your pictures. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
This last week-end, I attended a gun-show in Athens, TX.
One of the tables, private collector, had a P-40, with 2 extra P-40 magazines.
His asking price was 440 bucks, and would not budge.
We talked awhile, and I left it on the table.
I already have my own P-40.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a guy on Gunbroker who keeps relisting a chrome P-40 with two spare mags. If the date on the pictures is the date of the first listing, he has had it up for sale since April of last year.

He has a reserve on it of $399.00. Including shipping and transfer fees, it's going to cost the buyer about $450.00. Apparently, he is not willing to come down off that price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought one off Gunbroke a couple weeks ago. Its a nice HC with a low round count. This one came with one mag and the original factory box. $370 with shipping. I also sold a well used blued version locally for the same amount. These things are still bringing the money!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine a couple years ago for $250. The guy told me he only shot a couple mags through it and it looked brand new with the box. I shot a few mags through it and put it in the safe. I hate to shoot it because it's in such good condition and I can't buy a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts