Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at a garage sale today to look around and I found a pair of brass knuckles with a gun cylinder in them, dont know why but I bought it.

The knuckles has like a little barrel cut into the side of them, a 5 round cylinder in the middle, looks like a 25 caliber rimfire or something, came with a hand full of ammo, the ammo has a copper case and a lead semi-wadcutter bullet.

It has a small hammer on it and a trigger at the back of the knuckles, I dont know if some idiot made these or what but I sure am not going to try to shoot it!, even if they did not blow up I could see where it would cause some bad burns on my hands where the cylinder meets the forcing cone area.
Only paid $5.00 for them, just bought them because I never seen anything like it, makes a good conversation piece and thats all, or maybe could use it for a paper weight!.

$800 Box

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sounds like you may have an AOW (Any Other Weapon) subject to BATF fees.... Similar to a cane gun, etc.

Brass knuckles themselves are illegal in many places, much less a set with a firearm integrated within it. I definitely wouldn't carry it around...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knucks

flyandscuba,

Thanks for the info!

I know that brass knuckles are legal here in Ohio as long as you keep them in your home but I dont know about the other part!

Just to be safe as soon as I get done with this post, I am going to take a hacksaw and cut them into a throw them in the lake, I am only out 5.00 not worth taking any chances over something that is of no good anyway.

$800 Box

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Hold up on the destruction part!!!
You MAY have a very rare and valuable collector's piece here.
LOTS of stuff like this was made in the mid-1800s, and a copper-cased rimfire cartridge with a lead bullet sounds like it's from right around that period...
I'd do some Googling, at least, to make sure you're not tearing up something worth a few thousand bucks!
Flyer

G

·
could it be a novelty piece? maybe something that was made to look like the real thing but in inoperable. maybe the previous owner picked it up a flea market as a replica....

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knucks

Flyer,

I wish you would have posted before flyandscuba because they are now in two pieces in the bottom of BuckeyeLake!

You could tell that they was really old!, there was no name or anykind of numbers on them, I kept the ammo though would the ammo be worth much?

I had better get to bed before I find out that you was right!!

$800 Box

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Uh Oh! In searching the Keegnug book of firearm antiquities, I discovered a "brass knuckle derringer" in which less than 100 were produced in the late 1880s...

These were popular with the land barons during the gold rush days...

The last example sold in a Sotherby's auction for just over $800,000

You could probably get a few bucks for the ammo though!

:shock2:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
knuckles variant

dm, get that saw away from your wrists! :cry:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
knucks

flyandscuba,

When you say derringer a two shot comes to mind!, this had like a revolver cylinder in the middle of the knuck!.

I have made so much money off yard and garage sales that I could throw 10 pairs in the lake and still come out way ahead!.

On average if you go to 6 yard or garage sales you will find something made of 10, 14, 18K gold worth at least $400 dollars and only pay 50 cents to one dollar for it!
Last summer I bought a ladies Diamond 14K white gold watch worth $1,300 for only a dollar!

PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE!

In this case I just did not know what I had!!

$800 Box
People Just Dont Kno

·
Registered
432 Posts
Did this thing look something like this?

This is an Apache knuckleduster pistol, manufactured by Dolne.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
knucks

madman,

No!, the pair I had was made out of brass!, the cylinder looked like that! but it did not unfold or anything!, and did not have a knife blade on it ( if that is a knife blade in the picture )

The one I had looked like a large pair of regular brass knuckles but where the opening just below where the finger holes was it had a 5 round cylinder and a steel hammer behind the cylinder and a steel trigger on the back part of the knuck, I cocked the hammer and snaped it a few times, I believe that it could have been fired! but I dont see how you could have prevented being burnt by powder flash from where the cylinder meets the forcing cone.

There was no name or numbers of anykind on it!, you could tell by look and feel that they was really old, maybe someone tried to copy something that they had seen way back then?.

$800 Box

1 - 12 of 12 Posts