Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new P11 yesterday. I was tired of carrying my Glock 23 on my belt and having to cover it with a shirt, coat etc.
Being a heavy weight I get HOT with any thing else on above 70.
So I bought a Uncle Mike's pocket holster and I carry it in my left pocket all the time now. :D It doesn't print and comes right out when I pull it out of the pocket.
I shot 30 rounds yesterday and had one shell hang that would not eject all the way and the slide would not come forward. The rest were good. Like it for the size but it does seem to have more recoil than the 40 cal Glock. But should be able to stop what I want to stop with +P hollow points.
:!:

tenntrains

·
Registered
467 Posts
+P

Tenntrains,

I once thought about getting a Kel-Tec P40 but after I used the CorBon 125gr.+P in my P-11 I think that will get the job done just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello.
I've just purchased a P-11 as well. Walked over to the range to try it out. I was very pleased with the performance. Since I normally have fun with my Ruger P-90, this was a breeze! I think I will plan for the .40 cal conversion next!

I haven't decided what will be the best carry method for me. I'm a little light on the body frame and been fighting off the pounds as best I can. Ordered the clip for the P-11 too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome Silversides

Welcome to the sight. You will love it.

I am also new and just got my permit to carry. Still trying to decide how to carry my P-11.

Been doing a lot of research and think for me best method will be a front pocket carry. Just still trying to decide on the front pocket holster for me. There are so many on the market. I live in a small town. Think I need to just make a trip to a large city and go to gun store that has a lot and try several.

Later

·
Registered
467 Posts
carry method

silversides,

You are going to like the beltclip!, I have the stainless and blued both!, the stainless looks terrible I think, but the blued is shaped a little different and looks like it was born on the gun, best invention since bullets!

I don't know if you know it or not but there is also a method to carry concealed called the, Belly Band.

What it does is wrap around your belly or up higher what ever you like, it holds a gun and also zips open to put cash or what ever in, you can wear your shirt tail in if you want ( but would be alot slower to get to your gun ) or leave your shirt tail hang out.
Bianchi is one company that used to sell them but there are others, I think you can still get them!, they was real popular with the drug runners because they could go right through a airport with a bunch of cocaine.
I remember seeing on 60 minutes one time that they wanted to ban them because of this.

$800 Box

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Welcome Silversides

Hello Ronbo!
Thank you for the welcome!

I like the idea of pocket carry but I am concerned about the bulge, the bump when I quicken my pace for whatever reason, or the imprint. Maybe I concentrate more on the type of clothing I wear.

Oh, congrats on the CC permit. We've been rallying for same in our community as well. The legislatures approved but the authorities refuse to issue.

Ronbo said:
Welcome to the sight. You will love it.

I am also new and just got my permit to carry. Still trying to decide how to carry my P-11.

Been doing a lot of research and think for me best method will be a front pocket carry. Just still trying to decide on the front pocket holster for me. There are so many on the market. I live in a small town. Think I need to just make a trip to a large city and go to gun store that has a lot and try several.

Later

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
pocket carry?

ronbo, i would agree with the posters who advocate the p11 clip. the gun just isn't comfortable for me in my pocket. i havn't tried it with a pocket holster. the clip carries very nicely, although it isn't the fastest to draw. i recently bought a p3at and have ordered a pocket holster for it after being nagged by a member of this forum who shall remain nameless. i'm almost certain he is a shirt tail relation of my wife. i live in a medium size town in n.e. ohio and the selection of pocket holsters was non-existant. wally world, gander mtn. and 4 gun shops turned up nary a one. luckily this board has a number of holster makers and judging from the remarks of purchasers who have posted on the board, all seem to be of high quality. i will post my comments upon receipt of my holster.
glad you're here. come back. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: carry method

Hello diamondmike,

Thank you for the tip about the belt clip.
Yes, I have heard of the belly band. I have one similar to it that is a product of a company calle Action Direct. It's uncomfortable or maybe I'm still not accustomed to it yet.

By-the-way, do anyone experience the rattle noise in the Mecgar magazine? I do but only when I put more than 7 rounds in the mag.

diamondmike said:
silversides,

You are going to like the beltclip!, I have the stainless and blued both!, the stainless looks terrible I think, but the blued is shaped a little different and looks like it was born on the gun, best invention since bullets!

I don't know if you know it or not but there is also a method to carry concealed called the, Belly Band.

What it does is wrap around your belly or up higher what ever you like, it holds a gun and also zips open to put cash or what ever in, you can wear your shirt tail in if you want ( but would be alot slower to get to your gun ) or leave your shirt tail hang out.
Bianchi is one company that used to sell them but there are others, I think you can still get them!, they was real popular with the drug runners because they could go right through a airport with a bunch of cocaine.
I remember seeing on 60 minutes one time that they wanted to ban them because of this.

$800 Box

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone else experienced the rattle noise in the Mecgar magazine? I seem to have the problem when I load more than 7 rounds. It shoots alright, just rattles.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
once again

the spectre of "rattling mags" once again rears it's head. i charactise the sound as more a "shifting" of the rounds from front to rear or vice versa in the mag. in my experience it only happens when my mag is out of my gun or when it is less than fully loaded in my gun. this holds true for both 10 rnd. mec/gar mags and ALL THREE 12 rnd. S&W mags. i will say with conviction that it has not affected the function of my p11 as i have never experienced a malfunction in over 900 rnds. fired. i carry my p11 by belt clip at the one o'clock position on the waist band of my pants. as i have said before, any one who has their face that close to my fly has more to worry about than any sound coming from my pants. that guy down range after the first round goes whizzing by, is not going to say "hey, your mag is rattling" i think it's a non-existent problem.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Magizine Rattles

silversides,

I have 2 P-11s and 4 magizines, all 4 DID rattle, I took out my spring and turned it around and that took care of it!

I had one magizine that I turned the spring around and it still rattled!, I then repeated the process and it stoped!, don't ask me why? I have no clue!, but none of them rattle anymore.

$800 Box

·
Registered
6 Posts
byron,

Those few sentences in your response to me about the "rattling mag" had me rolling with laughter! Sounds like sound advice!

thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.