Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys must've sent out a pulse of KTrange brain waves... Just yesterday I was thinking how it would be nice if someone started a new website/forum for discussing Kel-Tec products to replace KTOG ... and here it is!

Good work! :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
USGuns,
Welcome. Enjoy.

Best regards, Keys 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
USGuns,
Whew! I was wondering if all that squinting as I thought as hard as I could would reach someone...
Glad to have you aboard!
Like they say at the Bill Goodman Gunshow hereabouts, "Tell a Buddy, Bring a Friend"!
Flyer

·
Registered
243 Posts
It will be great not to have the flames---It was getting pretty nasty "over there"---

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, all the flamers and trolls at KTOG were getting tiresome. :evil:

G

·
I don't know I sorta get a kick out of some of the arguments sometimes and if I get tired of it I just ignore it and go on to something else. Ain't nobody twisting my arm and making me read it. Word control or gun control it's all the same to me control is control and I don't like any of it. But that's just my opinion and I don't own the discussion board and if I did I too would run it however I wanted to.

Rook

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Rook Monday,
To my knowledge, we haven't had to moderate anything so far, and I doubt very seriously that we will. Everyone's enjoying the fun and making themselves at home.

I enjoy a spirited discussion with opposing viewpoints. My main concern about the other place was that the focus was being narrowed to allow only tech or RKBA issues. The atmosphere here so far is wonderfully refreshing.

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Rook,
The other site seemed to have been suffering from a severe case of cabin fever.
Let people talk about what they wish, and mostly they'll be happy campers. This is a KT forum, yes, but you sure don't see it being restricted ONLY to KT guns, or making people check their personal beliefs at the door before entering. That is inevitably destructive to a healthy forum.
Consider: Today I posted that I was in a flying saucer somewhere far away from our own solar system.
I'm not. I'm here at my desk.
I posted it anyway. No one threw up.
If emotions are not allowed their natural release, the result is similiar to a pack of wild African dogs that immediately turn upon a fellow pack member who's suffered just enough of a scratch to emit the odor of blood.
This site is intended to allow MORE freedom, not less.
You'll find no "control" at this site. You WILL find it at the other. We tried reforming it over there, but were rebuffed.
I dislike being controlled, too.
Which is why I'm not there anymore. Folks THERE were trying to control ME.
Uh-unh. No way. De nada. Cease and desist.
If you weren't aware, our administrators/owners here are a large part of the four troublemakers at the top of the list at Ktog... apparently because we spoke up to often and offended the "Government", i.e., the fellow who OWNS the joint, lock, stock and barrel. One solution suggested was that we simply be thrown out.
In the short time we've been up we've been kicking the living daylights out of the other forum.
It's too bad, in a way... participants don't even KNOW they're in a big old cage being watched with a microscope to ensure their Korrectness.
The definition of a Troll I posted there is accurate, also. 100%.
An abominable species, the Troll is not fit to co-mingle with human beings.
You can talk about whatever you want in here, whether it's about how much you like Fords over Chevys, or how you'd like to cross-dress and pretend to be Britney Spears kissing Heidi Klum. It's up to you, because those are YOUR thoughts and do no harm to others.
It's only when harm is inflicted that moderation will come into play.
Flyer

·
Registered
394 Posts
"You can talk about whatever you want in here, whether it's about how much you like Fords over Chevys, or how you'd like to cross-dress and pretend to be Britney Spears kissing Heidi Klum."

That pretty much covers it. Flyer, without a doubt, you give us the best visuals. The Blue Dog loves it! :D

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Excuse me but if I'm going to be pretending here, it will be the real Britney, and she won't be kissing Heidi either. :wink: Oh, and make my truck a Dodge.

8)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well,
Since we're on the subject...
My grandpa bought a brand new Custom Deluxe Chevy pickup in 1973 for around $3,000.
We used that truck like you wouldn't believe: he ran his own hauling/moving business, and my brother and I helped him... my first job. I kept helping him out now and then right up until 1982, when he became to weak to continue.
By then, the truck had no remnants of its original bed to speak of; my uncle, a master carpenter, made one out of oak planks and installed it. Worked better than the original. The cab's exterior was a complete mess of rusted blue metal.
Pops (my grandpa) gave it to a cousin of mine then. It had well over 250,000 miles on it. My cousin promptly decided it was time to migrate to California.
He drove it all the way without so much as a flat. He said as he rolled into LA for the first time he was pretty much sitting behind a steering wheel and an engine, atop a chassis with four wheels. Most everything else had shredded away during the trip. But, that old thing never missed a beat.
Weird thoughts, I guess... but one thing's for sure; that truck is the reason I remain a Chevy man to this day.
Flyer

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Flyer,
You are right about one thing. According to my cousin Bubba he can keep a couple of decades of models of Chevy trucks running forever with minor tools and maintenance. Most reliable trucks ever. Believe me, if it's got an engine, Bubba knows. :D

Regards, Keys 8)

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm...Brittany Spears...an old chevy pickup...time for a cold shower...again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts