Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to one of the better gun shows in my area today. Bought a 3AT. There were only 2 in the show. This one was priced at $231 for those who are curious about 'gouging'. Put 50 rnds of ball ammo thru it. No F&B. No oil. Straight out of the box. No FTE, No FTF, shot to point of aim and grouped. AND, most importantly, threw all the brass hard to the right. No brass in the face. My sr# H4XXX. The pin that holds the slide on comes out just a little before it hits a substantial shoulder that keeps it in. This is different than the pin on my old P32. It only had a small groove or flat area. All in all, it performed perfectly just as my P32 did. What a little pistol! :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Good deal, wildames!
Sounds like you got a great price, too.
Your serial # indicates you've got one of the very latest production runs... should have the improved extractor.
Glad it works well forya!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
accessories

wildames,
the main accessory you will need right away is a Sherwin Williams paint mix stick. You need this to make disassembly/assembly easy. Remove magazine. Insert stick in mag well. Hold pistol upside down. Rack slide back and shake so stick falls in breech area.
Now the slide stays open and you can remove the assembly pin for easy field strip down and cleaning. Pull slide back a little and shake stick out. Now the slide comes off easily.
Reverse for re-assembly.
If you like this tip you can send me a green slip with Hamilton's pic on it.
og 8)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
youngstown gun show(ohio)

4 p3at's $219.00 each. all ser.#'s began with "h" didn't buy. should i go back tommorrow? talk to me. :?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
byron,

Do your head up & down, yes. Hope your 3AT works as well out of the box as mine! I like it better than the 32. I don't have a problem racking the slide as some have reported, although I can see where it could be difficult. Not the strength of the spring so much as the 'tinyness' of the slide. Recoil for me is no more than the 32. But I shoot a LOT of 45acp, so I'm used to a little kick. Also, hanging around Republicans all the time helps you get used to the 'kick'. Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Wait till you get old

Midi,

wait till you get 75 :cry: then you'll need a paint stick(s), strong glasses, bright light, stool to sit on, a nap or two, cookies, aspirin for the pains in your old hands, maybe two old geezer friends to help rack the slide, hand cream afterwards, more cookies, another nap, etc. It's a wonder I'm still a bullseye shooter. Must be good glasses or else I'm numb to the recoil and noise that makes my friends flinch.
Better stock up on paint sticks now. You never know if the Brady bunch will rule out paint sticks for use in P3AT's. :lol:

You young guys make me jealous with your strong hands.

og :p

p.s. where is the picture of your one-handed strip tease act. I can't find it.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
p3at, wild

i'm kicking myself now, (and all the way home). when i hear prices others are paying, i'm a dummy. $219.00 sounds like a bargain! another 150 mile round trip tommorrow! my problem is, i'm not sold on .380. after asking dealer i dropped it in the pocket of my jeans and it disappeared. i hate "little" guns that i can't get a grip on. better news tommorrow i hope. :?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
oldgranpa,
What Midi was saying was that the slide only needs to be retracted a little bit to take down... just enough to take tension off the assembly pin.
About 1/8 inch is enough! You could do this easily by simply pushing the sight against your bench holding the pistol, then taking out the pin with the other hand.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
byron, hurry

byron,
hurry and get the P3AT so you can join in the chaos, I mean fun here. :roll: Oh, there is nothing like filing, grinding, and polishing the feed ramp. And from your avatar, better not listen to Midi's one-handed strip act. Us old guys need paint sticks. :lol: :lol:
og..........old king og called for his paint stick and his geezers 3!! A merry old soul was he!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
og p3at

i'm only 6 years from your "wait til". bought a hogue handall for my p11 (3.00) and it took me 1 1/2 hours to put on! resorted to holding it under HOT water until it was as limp as..... oh well, forget it. my luck they'll have sold them all.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OG,

Are you an NRA Bullseye competitor? If so, do you know Herman Sage? He was the 1993(?) National Civilian Champion. I believe he was from Alabama, but I'm not sure. Shot beside of him once and scored his targets. Awesome. He was in his late 60's at the time.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
wild

STOP IT! you're beginning to sound like those demorats that repeat themselve 4 times! i guess it's hard to convince them. just talk and talk and talk and................. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
didn't know him

wildames,
Didn't have the pleasure. He would have beat the heck out of me. I don't get to shoot in any real matches anymore. Just locally here with my friends (old geezers like me) and our scores aren't published, just for fun anymore. :cry: But I do keep up with the NRA news.
My latest acquired pistol is a Browning Buckmark Std .22LR that someone screwed up the top sight base. I've ordered parts from Browning and will easily bring it back to new condition. I think it will be a lot of fun and cheaper for ammo too.
Hope you really enjoy your P3AT and join in the chaos, oops I said it again, I mean fun! :lol:
og...CU later.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
p3at

gun show was in youngstown. didn't come up in original post. :?

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Hey byron,
You DO know that out of the short barrels, the .380 is smack in the center of .38 Special loadings in effectiveness, don't you?
Same bullet diameter. The .380 is just a 9mm Short.
By going to a P-3AT you're NOT going below .38!
You've REALLY gotta get one or you're undergunned...
Everyone needs a little Pocket Companion that'll be there all the time, even around the house, and not be noticed....
OK!
Shutting up now.... :mrgreen:
Flyer

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
flyer

every time i stick my hand in my pocket i have a "companion"! my hesitation is in the size. i have large skinny hands and the p3at just dissapeared. afraid it might just go into orbit when it flew out of my hand. you guys have convinced me, i'm going back tommorrow. :oops:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Speaking of pocket pool...
SHUT UP FLYER! Moderate yourself immediately!!!
Yessir!!!
One, Two, Three, Four,
I'll say inappropriate things NO MORE!
Flyer

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Speaking of pocket pool..."

Relieves stress, improves grip strength and trigger control. With proper technique, it can turn a 2200 shooter into a 2650 shooter. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts