Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a a gunshow in Lebanon this am and a guy had carbines w/1 mag OTD 179 bucks and one carbine with a red dot, 2 extra mags and the stock mag-holder for 250 OTD.

I bought the one with the re dot.

Can't wait to get it out to the range.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've had a Hi Point 995 Carbine now for several months and I love it. I have found it to be very accurate (I also have a red dot sight on mine) and it has never failed to feed and function with the factory magazine. I purchased two Pro-Mag aftermarket magazines and one of them was fine, but the wouldn't feed properly. I sent it back to Pro-Mag and they sent me a new one, no problem. (in fact they sent me a dual mag. holder free for my trouble). I think the High Point Carbine (like the KelTec's pistols) offers much more value than you have to pay for. I enjoy having a carbine and a pistol that both fire the same caliber bullet. Best Wishes :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The same caliber as the pistol was a major reason. The second was comments like yours about reliability and the lifetime warranty.

The price also was a factor; I actually paid less than 230 bucks for one with 2 extra mags/pouch and the red dot (when you add in the 6% PA sales tax and the transfer fee).

Wish the snow would stop so I could get out and try it...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went out to the range and shot up about 6 mags of whitebaox. What a hoot to shoot!

I was concerned that it would not be accurate, but with two of the mags I had one ragged hole each in the target. I have never used a red dot on a rifle before and it is really great. Target acquisitionis really easy and unlike my two Ruger Mk II pistols with red dots, the dot is steadier on the carbine.

It is really amazing also how short the carbine is (33 inches I believe) I put it in the gunsafe next to my 760 pump and hani-rifle and it didn't even reach to the barrel rack.

The only minor problem is that after 3 mags, the front sight got loose and the barrel shroud came off. Next time I will have to remember to check all of the screws, bolts and allen nuts before I shoot a firearm for the first time.

I did not get the little tool that comes with it though and will have to get one. Didn't know about it til someone pointed it out to me.

I'm a happy guy.

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
cigarman,
Glad you finally got one. The little tool really helps for takedown. I like to keep my carbine clean and well oiled inside. Now order some 124 grain +P Gold Dots from Ammoman for cheap and really have a blast. The red dot scope is essential so you don't get a lot of face sting like you do with the iron sights. Fun, fun, fun.

Regards, Keys 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts