Kel-Tec Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from looking around some gun stores today and spotted a blue frame P-32, I do not own a P-32 and find no need too since I have a P-3AT.
But I used to see these P-32 pistols with blue and white frames on them all the time, it used to make me really really mad! so mad that I almost wrote a very nasty letter to Kel-Tec!.
Every time I would see one of these blue or white framed guns the first thing that came to my mind was, What Kind Of Evil Company Would Make A Real Gun Look Like A Toy Gun, So That Kids Would Be Drawn To Pick It Up And Play With It Thinking It Was A Toy Because Of The Color Of It.
Now after I took my NRA Basic Pistol Course I think maybe I know why Kel-Tec made them these colors.
The ccw law states that you must keep your gun conceald and if anyone sees it and calls the police you will lose your permit.
Now! I know that there are anti-gun nuts out there that are hoping to see something in your pocket or bulge under your shirt, or maybe even go as far to lie and say you pulled your gun on them and call the police.
Now when the police ask them what kind of gun it was and what did it look like?, I dont think many of them are going to guess blue or white!, they would probably say it was black or silver looking!.
This was a good idea Kel-Tec had if that was in fact what they had in mind, but they do attract children as being toys so just be careful if you have one of these colors.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Now hold on.
Lots of women like their pistols in different colors.
I sincerely doubt the legal aspect was in their mind at all.
Flyer

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue frame

Flyer,

Whatever their reason for making blue frames was I dont know!, but the more I think about the legal aspect of having a blue frame the more I am starting to like the idea.
With our new law just starting I can see where a lot of people are going to start screaming MAN WITH GUN.
I am very tempted to call Kel-Tec and try to get one for my P-11.
This could really mean the difference between a innocent man going to jail or not.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Actually...
It would be GREAT to have people frequently shouting "Man with gun!".
The idiocy of the car carry requirements would be quickly exposed and the PUBLIC would demand that the law be amended to a more proper state.
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
The public will believe what the liberal media spoon feeds them. If people start complaining about seeing people carrying guns, then the media will do it's best to feed people's fear and try and get more gun control.

Hopefully the concealed carry law will be quietly effective in reducing crime. If that happens law enforcment may get behind some more sensible changes to the law.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
The public will believe what the liberal media spoon feeds them. If people start complaining about seeing people carrying guns, then the media will do it's best to feed people's fear and try and get more gun control.
Nope, I don't think so. I've got more faith in my fellow man than Liberals do... they don't have any, which is why they try spoon-feeding bullshyt.
I like to believe people are smarter than that.
Flyer

·
Registered
188 Posts
Re:

Flyer said:
Nope, I don't think so. I've got more faith in my fellow man than Liberals do... they don't have any, which is why they try spoon-feeding bullshyt.
I like to believe people are smarter than that.
Flyer
There are a lot that are smarter than that. There's a depressingly high number that aren't. Of the ones that are smart enough to know it's B. S. there are a surprising number that feel the need to support the adgenda even though they know it's B. S.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people that believe they are doing the right thing when they have to lie to make their point. However, there are lots of those people out there. If you don't believe me go visit the Brady Campain's web site. They're the reason I joined the NRA and got into shooting in the first place.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't mind the guns in color. Hell, if I could get one in pink with a chrome slide for the old lady I would. As long as the muzzle isn't painted orange I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mikey,
Now, now! I’d go out on a limb and say that the vast majority of people only prefer a black gun and that’s all they own, woman or man. And I certainly wouldn’t buy a colored gun just for legal purposes.

As far as children are concerned, a kid will pick up anything! Unless taught other wise. I have a 2 ½ year old. He doesn’t give a rip what color it is! Guaranteed if I left my black and HC P32 sitting on the table the child would pick it up. The same goes for any weapon in the house.
Now don’t get me started on parents RESPONSIBILITY!

CCW Is exciting, but a HEAVY responsibility. While you are worrying over things that matter not (color) remember to breathe.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

Harlequin,
At what age does a woman become and “old lady”? and I thought you were intimidated by women with guns..? Why am I wasting my time? Pffftt, moving on.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I still want a tye-dye'd frame. that would be soo cool.

I believe "old lady" isnt age-specific. mostly a term for people who ride harley's. however, if i ever get a harley, and i called my wife my "old lady", i dont think i'd be married much longer. You should always treat a women with respect. a man might be the head, but the woman is the neck and she can turn the head any way she wants.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Parents Responsibitity

CherylT,

Dont get me wrong here, I do not want to get you started on Parents Responsibility, I would bet you are a very responsible parent as probably most of us on here are!.

But what happens when our children go to play at the boys or girls house down the road that has a borderline retarded mother, or father that we was not aware of and the mother lays on the couch letting the kids play in her purse with her meds and maybe a gun.
If I remember right I think it was norfdet893 that stated one time that " Some people treat their gun like their egg beater"
Sorry if someone else said that!
But the point is that these people that treat their gun like a egg beater is where our children play with our permission or not!.

I have no problem going with change, but I feel somethings should stay the same for the sake of all!

Red means Stop
Green means Go
Red wire positive
Black wire ground
Black gun might be real
Silver gun might be real

Blue gun might be toy??

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well dm,
You just brought it back to parental responsibility.
Do you let your children play with strangers? In strangers homes? Good god man!
I know you can’t possibly know everything that goes on in another persons home, that’s why you teach your children how to respond to things like what you described.
Hopefully whatever you have taught them they’ll remember and put it into practice.
You can’t keep your foot on their neck, so you “arm” them with knowledge. And pray!

Just to keep it close to topic, the color of a pistol WILL NOT prevent a child from picking one up.
Tc, Cheryl
:wink:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Children do not Listen

CherylT,

I know it sounds kinda young for this, but I am 43 years old will be 44 years old at the end of the month, I have raised a 24 year old daughter, a 19 year old son, might as well say I am raising my 7 year old grandson and 3 year old granddaughter because they are here more then home.
I know I never listened to my parents, and have proof that my children never listen to me! thats why my daughter got knocked-up at age 16!.
I told and told her to stay away from the no good bum boyfriend that she had but she didnt!, one day I was sitting out back enjoying the outdoors and here came her boyfriend drunk and high out of his mind looking for my daughter and I told him to leave and he picked up a lawn chair and threw it at me and luckly I had my gun on me! and had to hold a 38 to his head until police got here.
Now he is floating from jail to jail and I have to pay to help my daughter raise my grandson because he wont pay support!, same thing almost with her second boyfriend, I told her he was trouble and he was! he got her knocked-up with my granddaughter and is now floating from jail to jail not paying support!.
The moral of the story is children do not listen!, all you can do is teach them everything you know about life like guns and things and hope that when they encounter a gun they will reflect back on what you have taught them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re:

CherylT said:
Harlequin,
At what age does a woman become and “old lady”? and I thought you were intimidated by women with guns..? Why am I wasting my time? Pffftt, moving on.
She isn't old, it's just a figure of speech. We pick on each other. I don't know how you got the idea about me being intimidated by women with guns. In fact I respect it. If there were more women with guns there would be less victims for creepy men.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That's why i dont want kids. Now, both me and my wife were extremely well behaved children, and more than likely our offspring would be also due to the fact that we wouldnt let them be bad. However, sometimes it seems like every other kid in the world is a snotty little brat. And you know how kids influence other kids. I dunno. im only 23 i guess i still have a while to decide.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
NOW this thread is starting to get off-base.
Not gonna have any insulting behavior among our members here at the Range... so I'm stoppin' it before it starts.
Flyer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.