Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Blade-Tech paddle holster and matching paddle mag/Surfire carrier combo arrived in today's mail. These were custom molded for my H&K P7 (PSP) pistol. This is the first time I've bought something from Blade-Tech, but it definitely will not be the last.

The design and construction of these holsters is of the highest quality. The butt-heavy P7 rides high and snug against my body when wearing this paddle with blue jeans and a modest belt. If the paddle holster can handle the odd CG of the P7, it will work well for any other pistol. The cant is adjustable from straight (the way I'm wearing it) to FBI, to muzzle forward -- by repositioning the screws mounting the paddle to the holster.

It took a couple of weeks for this custom molded holster to arrive -- but the wait was worth it. The P7 is now my primary carry gun, with the P-3AT remaining in the pocket holster. Even in the warming weather here, the outfit works well with blue jeans and a T-shirt over a short-sleeved casual shirt unbuttoned and used to conceal the rig. Quite comfortable in the current high 70s temperatures.

Check out their products at:

www.blade-tech.com

G

·
Fly, do you think that you will like this better than the Fobus? I have never had the Blade-Tech but I like the price and fit of the Fobus.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a Fobus for my KT P357 that works well. However, the fit/finish quality of the Blade-Tech is much better than the Fobus, and I think the holster material of the Blade-Tech is of a higher grade than the Fobus. The retention screws are adjustable and the paddle is attached with screws too (making it adjustable) rather than using rivets like the Fobus.

The price is higher for the Blade-Tech (and none is available for the KTs that I can tell) but it was available for the P7 (the Fobus wasn't). They also have them for the Steyr M-series pistols...I'll most likely order one of those too.

Each brand works well -- and the price is appropriate for the quality of each. The Blade-Tech can also be converted to a belt loop holster if desired.

G

·
i have been carrying a gun for so long that I have a laundry basket full of old holsters. i like the fobus because they cost soo little and seem to hold up better than leather. atleast i don't feel like there is too much wasted money going into them. 17.00 is average here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts