Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
My SU has a Zeiss Z-Point sighting system on it right now... no complaints here!
I also recommend the Bushnell HoloSight. This system uses an actual "Hud" (Heads Up Display) projected by a laser onto a small "window"... in the shape of a reticle, though a brightly glowing red one!
You can use the sight from any position at all, and speed of target aquisition is the fastest I've seen on anything.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Although there are more expensive sights, I chose to put an ATN Ultra digital illuminated reticle sight on mine. It works great. However, if I had it to do over again, I would put the Hakko illuminated reticle sight on it -- similar to what I have on my S&W 500 Magnum Hunter. I like the reticle choices on that model better than the ATN model.

Right now, you can go to Sportsmansguide.com and get one for $129. It may not have the brand name on it...the Hakko ones like mine are selling for $250 at gun shows -- so this one is a real bargain.

See: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=119753

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about the Trijicon ACOG series?

Check this package out - VERY step at $900+, but check out the features:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=142

Lead Time: 20-24 Weeks

Details: ACOG 4x32 Scope with Yellow Center Illumination for M4A1 - includes
Flat Top Adapter, Backup Iron Sights and Dust Cover.

The TA01NSN was designed specifically for the US Special Operations
Command SOPMOD M4 Carbine. To meet their requirements, the reticle
bullet drop compensator and range finding stadia lines are based on
the trajectory of the 62 grain bullet from a 16 inch barrel,
flattop mount (Picatinny rail Mil.Std.1913).

Magnification: 4X
Eye Relief: 1.5 in
Exit Pupil: 8 mm
Field of View: 7.0 degrees
Length: 5.8 in
Weight: 9.9 oz
Field of View: 36.8 ft at 100 yds
Adjustment: 3 clicks per inch at 100 yds.

Tritium Activity: 100 milliCuries in one source

----

Has integral backup irons. Designed for 16" barrel in .223 - 16" or a little longer which will eventually be the length of my SU-16 - hopefully later in 2004 or early 2005 when KelTec upgrades my current rifle.

Or Bubba gets his hands on it ;)

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
A friend who owns a gunshop is the supplier for several PDs hereabouts, and I've seen these. Most impressive!
I hear, though, that all civilian production now is going either to the troops overseas and to a few Leo organizations... it's going to be awhile 'till they're available again, I fear.
Flyer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I won $100 from TAPCO so I'm looking to use this to get an optic for my SU-16B. Current contender is:

T168 INTENSIFIED RETICLE SCOPE
TAPCO Info: http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=OPT9711&back=yes&dept=4&last=3
Leapers Info: http://www.leapers.com/Pages/NEW ITEMS/Optic-SCP-T168-C.htm
Photo:

Fits on any Picatinny or Weaver rails - flat top adapter and thumb nuts are included
Two (2) mounting positions that don't interfere with rear sight adjustment and usage
Ability to mount on AR15 carry handles - comes with thumb nuts
Improved clarity and Precision
Created with mil-dot crosshairs and red illuminated reticle for easy viewing for low light conditions
Ergonomic eye-piece
Emerald coating on lens for high resolution and clarity
Great range for better windage/elevation adjustment
Includes protective caps

Specs:

Magnification: 6x
Objective Dia.: 32mm
Field of View @100 yards: 17.5
Eye Relief: 3.0"
Exit Pupil: 5.6mm
Click [email protected] yards: ¼"
Length: 8"
Weight: 10.2 oz
Battery: CR2032 3V Lithium

What do you Kel-Tec-heads think?

-s

·
Registered
8 Posts
A Sightron 3-9x42 scope for the SU16 and the Bushnell Holosight for the SU16C when it gets here. I had the Hakko-35 and the OKO sights but the Hakko's red dot was 8 moa which is to large for distance work and both of them would not get dim enough for low light situations. Although the Holosight is heavy I like the ghost ring effect.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re:

FASMAN said:
A Sightron 3-9x42 scope for the SU16 and the Bushnell Holosight for the SU16C when it gets here. I had the Hakko-35 and the OKO sights but the Hakko's red dot was 8 moa which is to large for distance work and both of them would not get dim enough for low light situations. Although the Holosight is heavy I like the ghost ring effect.
But c'mon... flowers... really?

:p

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Seems I'm right about the "Padding"... Penicillin! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts