Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded with advice and information in my earlier thread on P32 VS S/W J-Frame. I have a question regarding ammunition for the P32. Which FMJ would you recommend for my wife's (soon to be) P32? Also, now that KelTec sells a rimlock preventer I might consider hollowpoints again.. Other than that recent development I was leaning towards FMJ carry only. For some reason I just don't think the new P3AT is right for our needs.. My wife needs minimal recoil, and I think 7 good 32's would be as good for her as 6 380's. I've got two NAA Guardians in 32 cal. and I really don't need another caliber to keep track of. By the way, the Guardians are fine little pistols, just heavy. :D

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
For fmjs you can't go wrong with Sellior & Bellot.
Then again, you can't go wrong with Winchester Silvertips, either!
You'll experience no rimlocks either if you make a few of my Flyerwires, for practically nothing. They work as well or better than the factory spacer.
FlyerWires
Flyer

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you look at the factory specs for FMJ's you will see that they are all loaded to within a few FPS and a few ft. lbs. of each other.

And since the bullet itself does not expand, you need not pick from different designs.

The best FMJ is the one that shoots the best in YOUR gun. Buy a box of each S&B, Win, Rem, Fed..and see which one works the best. Both function and groups. Not all guns shoot the same ... the best ammo is the stuff that goes bang every single time, and hits the target every time.

Don't be fooled into buying the "cool" ammo of the day. Trust your life with ammo that works, and cuts holes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FMJ Ammo?

Mine seems to like the Winchester White-Box FMJ 71 gr ammo. Can get it at Walmart for about $ 11/box - and probably a bit cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Mine LOVES Silvertip HP. Most accurate by far although I have only shot 3 different brands. Worst accuracy (in this gun) was Lellier & Bellot FMJ (also produced one minor case of rimlock in 200 rounds). The other brand I've shot was Winchester White box which was in the middle on accuracy. P.S. Picked up a new mag and + one extension a gunshow yesterday. I LOVE the improvement to my grip (large hands) with NO real difference in gun size, printing, etc. A 9-round pocket-rocket ain't bad!

·
Registered
31 Posts
32 AMMO

For fmj I like S & B, Fiocohi, and Winchester. I have noticed that all .32 ammo is not equal and varies from lot to lot. I have a box of Fiocohi which feeds smoother from the mag. as they radiused the rim which reduces friction when stripped from the mag. I've noticed on some Winchester ammo that they have done the same (not as good as the Fiocohi), but better than most. I recommend trying the European ammo as it is loaded to higher pressures which equal higher velocities. Higher velocities do not equate to more penetration (all other things being equal). This puzzles me - maybe due to the shape of the bullet.
You may find a certain lot of a certain brand of ammo that your gun really shoots likes. When you find that one lot, write the lot # down and return to the store where you purchased it and buy as much as you want. Every time an ammo manufacturer changes a componet of a cartridge, be it the bullet, powder, primer or case they assign a new lot #. Just because you had good luck with a box of s & b does not mean that your next box will be as good. This goes for all commercial ammo, especially .22's. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.