Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Thunder 45 out for its third range session today to test two new factory magazines I just bought. I did dis-assemble and clean the mags, and left them loaded for a couple days, all prior to shooting.

The third shot of the first mag got hung up on the feedramp; light thumb pressure on the slide snapped it into battery. Approx. 75 more rounds fired thru that mag without incident.

I could sometimes feel a slight "delay" of the slide going into battery, this delay completely went away for the last 50rds fired. I'm gonna chalk it up to a tight mag that needed a break-in. The mag feels smoother to load, now that it's been used.

Today makes 300rds total thru my Bersa 45, with just the one FTF. I shot it back-to-back with my trusty S&W CS9 today, and I was shooting steel plates better with the Thunder.

I tried unsuccessfully to limpwrist the Bersa, surprisingly the little 45 will tolerate a very loose grip. Probably due to the very light recoil springs.

The "click" in the SA trigger is still there, but I don't seem to notice it at all when at the range. I am quite happy with this ultra-compact 45, especially considering the $299 price. Hummph, now I have yet another pistol thats "too nice" for glovebox duty.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Don't scare me like that!!

JR Bob,
Don't scare us like that!! One little old FTF is not a "failure" and even the best 1911 .45 can have one. And 300 rounds with only one FTF is a proof test for sure.
Whew!! Glad that's all it was.
og :roll:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Got flamed!!

Well folks, J.R.Bob and I got flamed today for suggesting that the Bersa is a compact .45!!
Over at GlockTalk! Under their Non-Glock forum. Yes, hard to believe anybody at GT would flame anyone but this guy's profile said he didn't buy a gun until he was 54 yrs. old. So he's a genius at firearms stuff.
Well, we didn't suggest he come here and read Bob's range report for over 300 rounds thru the Bersa. Don't need him here.
So Bob and I are just going to go soak our heads in a pail of muck for having the nerve to suggest the Bersa might be a good 45 for carry.
(I suspect it mighta been the "Gnome" under an assumed name)
Such fun on the internet!
Cheers,
og........just posted this for your entertainment :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
oldgranpa,
Someone at GT DARED to flame you, a respected KTRanger?
Oh well... I ain't got this flame-proof suit for nuthin'....
CHAAARRRRRRGGE!!!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Cool!!

Yaah for Flyer,

Blasted that flamer clean outa the water!! Such fun!!

og

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yep, it's fun to track down those trolls with my new Cyberdyne Systems 2200 Troll Hair-Spectrum Analyzer, and go for it...
I especially like it's auto-response feature... first time I got to use it... once it's got a troll identified, it automatically... well, see fer yerself...

8)
Flyer

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wow I just looked over there and there's smoke rising from the ashes...

Flyer
Does that Cyberdyne Fire-sprayer work pretty well..???????

G

·
OG, don't feel bad, i recently bought myself a couple of sig pistols. i wanted to know more about them so i found sigforum.com. i posted (1) article there asking (1) question. i apparently opened some sort of old wound there and not only did i get flamed, they completely booted me out of the forum on the 1st day. Beat that! :roll:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
some really sad people on forums!

Right you are, norf'...
I had the same kind of welcome on a berettaforum.net place when I posted a simple question about my Beretta .22LR. Seems the place was a bunch of snobs dedicated to only the 9mm Beretta model 92 pistol. Just deleted my post and left.
And similar experience on THR over a year ago. My, my such a place, I don't go there. Full of trolls (Flyer's favorite troll shooting site with his Troll-Spectrum Analyzer!!)
That's also why Keys, Midi, Flyer, etc. formed this site, 'cause the other site was getting full of 'gnomes'...worse than trolls.
There are people like that on many forums who probably own only 1 gun and want everybody to know they are the only ones that know anything about firearms.
Thank goodness we have a group of truly experienced members here where we can share info and get answers to our concerns.
And I for one enjoy hearing about other folks experience with different brands and types of firearms. Just wish sometimes I had money to try them all. Most of the ones I've tried have been fun, the ones that are not get traded with my dealer friend (I slip sometimes and comment on the bad ones, especially if I'm the only one dumb enough to have tried it, like the derringer I had).

As far as the snobs on other forums are concerned I could tell them where the muzzle of their exclusive gun should go but Midiman wouldn't let me post it here. :lol: :lol:

og........nice to have a home here with friends 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I usually find the "non-glock firearms" section over on gt to be overall friendly towards non-Glockers who are just sharing information. But sometimes the inevitible poster appears just looking for a fight, mines better than yours, they're all great, they're all crap, blah blah blah.

For example, whenever I describe the specific problems I experienced with my Kimbers, (and only for people who ask by the way) I always get flaming pm's from somebody who's simply had better luck than me. I feel sorry for anybody who has to live or work with these guys.

I try to post only things of a detailed factual nature, good or bad, about any gun experience I have, and don't try to draw conclustions. I do find this particular forum to be very open to honest reviews of "non-popular" firearms. It's cost me money already...

G

·
Mine was an unusal situation. I bought my very first Sig Sauer pistol several months ago. It was actually a P228 9mm that I traded with a buddy of mine for a Kahr MK9 and 200.00. When he had the Sig he had some custom work done by a renowned Sig pistolsmith named Teddy Jacobson. When I was on the sigforum, I asked a question about this particuliar guys work reputation. I wasn't flaming Sigs at all. Well aparently this guy is quite outspoken (even moreso than Flyer) and he had ticked off alot of people on that site and many others. It was so bad that not only did they permanetly ban him, they deleted every post he ever made and put his name on the "black list". If you entered his name in a post it would automatically be sent to a moderator before it was posted. Well, how in the heck was I supposed to know any of this. I found out is short order exactly how they do business on that site. I made it clear that I was new and wann't trying to start any trouble. My post was deleted and without even so much as a warning, my rights to post messages were taken away at all. Needless to say that they are unfortunately the only place to find much of anything about Sigs, so occasionally I lurk in the shadows but I can't participate in any discussions. I have learned that for the most part any questions regarding any firearms can usually be answered anywhere here in the KTRange and without the harrasasment and embarrasment.

Regards, and enjoy the stay..

·
Registered
61 Posts
What are the dimensions and weight on the Bersa Thunder 45s? I've googled but came up with nada.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you sir.

Bersa Thunder 45
OAL: 6.7"
Height: 4.9"
Width: 1.4"
Barrel Length: 3.6"
Weight: 27 oz

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Og,

I just bought a Bersa Thunder 45 on auctionarms.com

You got any leads on a reasonable source for extra magazines for this gun? I'd like to pick up one or two, preferably in nickle.

The price of the gun was good -- at $299, but the prices I'm seeing for magazines on the 'net is a shocking $45 and up...

Thanks.

BTW, based upon your linked post, I'll be picking up some Golden Sabers for this puppy...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Magazines

scub,
looks like $45 is it for the present. Sorta like when you go in a restaurant and order, the iced tea is extra! (like $1 for a 5c tea)
I'm just using the 1 that came with it and carry a BUG for backup when I carry the Bersa. (That's what's known as a NewYork reload, just grab another gun when the first is empty.
Wonder who thought of that?)
og

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My dealer ordered blued Thunder45 mags, my price was $37 plus tax. Took a couple weeks to get them.

edit: Oh, and I put another 50rds thru the T45UC. 350 total now, with just that one failure to go into battery.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts