Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't like the bulky look of the Bersa 380 finger extension, Bersa used to make a model "Lusber 84" 32 cal semiauto(looks like a PPK) and the extension from these are slimmer in profile than the current Bersa 380 extension and will fit the P3AT. I can only assume it will work on the P32 as I don't have one -yet. It goes on a little snug but it works and tightens up your fingers a little more. If you come accross one or two of these pistols PM me because I need a couple parts for the two that I have.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Finger Extension

I personally see no benifit to adding a finger extension to the P3AT, this gun is made to be a very close range gun, the only thing a finger extension would do is add a little to comfort, you will not shoot any better and a finger extension will only make your pistol larger!.
Also if you have a large hand a finger extension can cause your fingers to pull down on the magizine and with a plastic release button that is not a good idea.

I have a AMT back-up that came with a finger extension on it and I found that it was alot harder to pull the gun out of my pocket, so I sawed it off and the gun came out of my pocket alot better!.
Just a foot note! I have had nothing but problems with my AMT and it now just lays in my safe, I would not suggest this gun to anyone, I took 3 other ones back to get this one that has the same jamming problems as the first 3, everyone that I talked to said the AMT is famous for problems.

$800 Box

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bersa magazine extension mod

Seeing that the Bersa extension printed with my Uncle Mikes Pocket holster, I modified the extension.
The right corner of the Bursa spur was cut off, along with most of the double web under the extension using a sharp penknife. I then smoothed & rounded the cut edges with a small file.
Feel was little changed if at all and printing of the mag extension was improved.
While the Bursa extension keeps the fourth finger on the grip and gives you a better hold on the tiny P3AT it does pull the muzzle down and may cause you to shoot low in an emergency when you cant line up the "sights".
My jury is out on the Bersa extension because of the pulldown effect in point shooting.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Interesting comment about the AMT. I've carried one (old style s/a) since mid80's. Totally reliable. Just keep it clean, keep a strong mag spring in it and shoot hardball. It now lives in the safe -- honorably retired by the 3AT.

BIGIRON

G

·
i can't believe that the current bid is over 20.00. i don't know who is worse, the one who posted it for sale or the one's that don't realize that for that price you could order over 10 of them with shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts