Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I did to my Beretta 87T target pistol grip. I added a built up thumb rest with industrial grade epoxy putty. Full size Handall slip-on grip installed. Really helps. The Handall has a gap behind the grip when I put it on. Stuffed epoxy inside there too.

Our next match is Aug 2. Hope this helps me do better than last time.
og.....serial no deleted.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats cheating!!! He's got a thumb rest on there!!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
og old!

og is old, 75, and can't focus both front and rear open sights anymore, bifocals don't get it. So reddot makes target shooting fun again.
And, a thumb rest is really a help during our informal competition keeping the pistol steady.
The 87T is Beretta's new replacement for their old 89 model which came with a really nice, custom, large, wood grip with finger grooves and the thumb rest. But the 89 grip won't fit the 87T. And the 89 came with no ramp for a scope. Beretta sells a wood grip without finger groove and only a small thumb groove for the 87T but at $82 it's too expensive for no improvement. One grip source quoted me $200 :p to make a custom grip for it, but wanted the pistol for 2 weeks. :evil:
With all the encouragement here at KTR with pistol mods, I felt this one would be easy. So far so good. Next match is 25yds, B8 target, NRA rules. Biggest competition is a friend with an 8" bull barrel Buckmark with a top quality reddot. Not too worried about the rest of the guys, mostly std. Buckmarks with BSA reddots. And one with a conversion unit for his 1911, with a homemade scope mount.
Plus, my advantage is I know which match ammo holds a group for me. The rest use garden variety stuff like Rem and Fed bulk paks.
Also, I practice. Hope they don't!! :shock:

og

1 - 4 of 4 Posts