Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has probably been beaten to death, but does anybody out there wear a belly band with there gun.

Im not specifically talking about kel-tecs, just any gun. Let me know your opinions on them.

G

·
Used to have too much belly for the band, now it's gone but I still have no interest in one. You would probably be better served with one of the holsters that are IWB but allow you to tuck a shirt in over them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used one occasionally. They're really intended for deep concealment, such as when you have to take your jacket or coat off and need some way of carrying. I'm referring to wearing a dress shirt or something similar where the shirt must be tucked in.

There are two primary drawbacks, though. First, reholstering is not easy. Secondly, drawing from concealment is slow, but it beats not having your gun.

FWIW,

emc

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm ordering one, or a similiar one for carrying my gun in SOB. I run and this will make it easier they trying to clip to my shorts.
Katy

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re:

Katy said:
I'm ordering one, or a similiar one for carrying my gun in bum. I run and this will make it easier they trying to clip to my shorts.
Katy
Hmm... I'm sure you meant "small of back".
Funny thing here -- I've noticed on several sites that are hosted on phpBB software that any time you use the abbreviation "S. O. B." that it changes it to "bum". Presumably this is because the word has another less PC meaning. Seems there ought to be a way to turn this off, or precede the word with an asterisk or something so that the censor software parses it differently.

Madman, who's just another lazy sob!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Yo, Katy,
Ummm... clip to your shorts?
I mean, I'm sure you look great in shorts...
But, ain't it kinda cold there?
You aren't far from me, and it's a frozen wasteland!!!
Flyer

·
Registered
41 Posts
bellybands

Just about the most secure way to carry on a dirtbike, that's for sure. Not worried about "quick draw" here, more important is the comfort of knowing you still have it with you after a rough ride. Easier on the gun than in a bikemounted backpack also.( usually ) Distroyed a Smith 908 in a double endo once, but it saved my body from the footpeg that Dremel tooled my handgun.---tls

·
Registered
43 Posts
umm, yes, its freezing here. I'm buying the belly band for when the shorts/outdoor running weather comes back, I'm praying early April. In the meantime, I don't need "my little friend" clipped to my shorts while running on the treadmill indoors.
Katy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts