Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a box of .380 ammo from Corbon that I hadn't seen before -- not even on their website.

The box says it is .380 +P 88GRTC BeeLine with a velocity of 1050 fps. It looked interesting with a large hollowpoint cavity and maybe an aluminum jacket. It is loaded in Remington brass.

The BeeSafe line of ammo I've heard about before was a prefragmented projectile like the Glaser. This is something different.

I went ahead and bought it because it looked like it might be a good carry round. Any info on this is appreciated

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Here's what I dug up:
Corbon has also announced their new Bee Safe ammo line. Bee Safe is a new, self-defence ammunition, consisting of a prefragmented round (BeeLine) with the following characteristics:
The bullet consists of a copper jacket. At its lower end, there is a blue plastic plug, which keeps weight down and moves bullet mass to the front, improving bullet stability. On top of the plug, there are a number of shotgun pellets, whose number varies with the caliber. Finally, on the top of the bullet, there is a swagged lead disk, crimped into the jacket's mouth.
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the ammo I got has what looks like an aluminum jacket, and no plastic cap (similar to a Glaser). This is some kind of hollowpoint. I sent an email to Corbon to see what they come up with. Who knows, someone may have swapped out ammo in the box with something else. This sure doesn't look like a prefragmented bullet.

Norty,

I asked in my email to Corbon if more was available. Guess I'll have to do an OG "wetpack" test with the three extra rounds from the box...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hmm interesting..

There is something I found on Corbons website
http://www.corbon.com/index.php?uid=12665&page=4296

Its under the closeuouts stuff. They might not manufacture it anymore. but it also doesnt list it under the .380 ammo for beeline. I found a bunch of glaser stuff at one of the local gunshops here in Jacksonville that was like half off. the stuff i picked up might be kind of old because the glasers I got had winchester stamped on them

Call up Corbon and ask them. Pretty sure they would tell you whats up with the beeline stuff.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Corbon did reply to me via email. The BeeLine/BeeSafe ammo was discontinued after they acquired the Glaser line -- because they were so similar.

However, that doesn't answer what I've got in this particuplar box. The ammo pictured above is not costructed liek a Glaser -- or any other BeeSafe that I've seen, but is a large mouthed hollowpoint with an aluminum jacket.

I'm beginning to think what I bought had been swapped out of the box by someone at the gunshop. It is loaded in Remington Brass, so I might check to see if it is any load previously manufactured by them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
im bettin someone swapped it...put the fancy beeline ammo in a cheaper ammo box and saved a few bucks...when i sold auto parts, it happened all the time. People would swap air filter boxes, get the hi-flow K&N filters in a fram box, save 40 bucks! happened several times a week.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If so, I'm not upset -- 'cause it was the big HPs in the box that made me decide to buy it. I think they'll make a good load for the P-3AT, but I'd like to find out more about the loading.

·
Registered
519 Posts
that would be frustrating, liking what you got, but not knowing what you got!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re:

packin heat said:
im bettin someone swapped it...put the fancy beeline ammo in a cheaper ammo box and saved a few bucks...when i sold auto parts, it happened all the time. People would swap air filter boxes, get the hi-flow K&N filters in a fram box, save 40 bucks! happened several times a week.
Boy, that would burn me up if I paid $17 for a box of ammo that's only worth half that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts