Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the wife and kids to the range today. It was 45 and sunny so had to take advantage of the good weather. January in Illinois is usually bitter cold. Anyway, we fired one of my Romanian AP-74's and the hammer would fall after firing sometimes causing me to either have to cock it again manually or fire it double action. Any suggestions on why this may be happening? The slide was traveling back far enough to eject the empty and load the next round. So I am confused as to why the hammer would sometimes fail to stay back for a single action shot. I fired my SMC380 for the first time and it fired perfectly. I wish I had more than one magazine for it though. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Sounds like your disconnector isn't working properly.
Should be easy enough to either have it taken care of under warranty, or if it's expired just order a new disconnector (they're cheap cheap) and stick it in yourself.
Flyer

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyer,
Thanks for the reply. I should have been more specific. This is a surplus Romanian Ap-74 in .32acp. There is no warranty. Where would the disconnecter be located? This gun is a very close copy of the other FEG pistols and therefore a ppk type copy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts