Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll...

Question.

I have a P3AT I just bought,well in December,but have'nt had time to shoot it until this week.I took it out of the box tonight and took it apart and looked thru the barrel and there are aberrations throughout the entire barrel.WTF?

Anybody else have this problem?Should I send it back or shoot it or what?Will Kel-Tec send me a new barrel?

I understand this pistol is'nt for target shooting but I've never seen a barrel straight from the manf. like this.

BTW the serial# is in the H0G6* range.

HELP!

Thanks. :D

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Kel-Tec bores tend to be pretty rough compared to pistols (or rifles) costing twice as much. None of them are what'd I'd consider "target guns" and their accuracy is up to their lot in life... which, in my opinion, is very close quarter self defense. They will break in over a period of time and some JB compound will help... but they'll bever look like the inside of a Glock bore.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Does your barrel look anything like this?

If so, it's tool chatter...
It's safe to fire, but is going to collect copper and suffer both in accuracy and velocity.
You're best bet is to give Kel-Tec a call, and have them ship you a new barrel in return for this one. Usually they'll do this immediately if you give them a credit card number to ensure you'll return the defective barrel, or you can just send it in and wait for the new one to arrive.
Flyer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flyer...

That's exactly what it looks like.

I called Kel-Tec this morning,they said send in my barrel w/a note explaining what's wrong and they would ship me a new one out ASAP.

Do they usually send out new barrels before the customer sends in their old one?He never said anything about that to me.

Anyway thanks for the info.

BTW lots of great info on this forum.Looks good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ask them to send the new one to you first. This will get you your new one a few days earlier. They sent me one when I asked and included a return envelope to send the old one back. They will take a credit card number to be sure you send the original back.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
That is rough looking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts