Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since they first came out, I have had three different SU-16s, one A and Two different Bs. Sold the last B about 5 years ago. Now working at a local Gun shop in Commiefornia part time, and a really nice, gently used SU-16CA walked in the door and was put out for sale on consignment. I grabbed it for $650 with 4x scope (which I took off).

I have two AR15s (5.56 and 300 BLK), three Minis (5.56, 300 BLK, and 7,62x39), a Ruger PCC9, Inland M1 Carbine, a PSA AK, and a Springfield Armory M1A, so I don't need another "serious" semi-auto. What I bought it for, was to have as a handy survival rifle in my RV when camping, or when I am backpacking in the Sierras. At 4.7 pounds, its hard to find anything this light and compact that is this powerful.

With a USGI 30 rounder in the stock and factory 10 rounder in the weapon, it will still fold in half and will be discreet. I use 77 grain OTM, MK262 MOD1 for my 5.56s (except my 1978 vintage Ruger Mini-14 GB Model with its 1/10 twist barrel)

SaveShare

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talked to Kel Tec customer service. My SU16CA was made about 2016. It has 1/7" twist barrel and all upgrades and improvements they came out with for for the SU16!

MK262 MOD 1 77s will rock from it.....

Also got the heavy duty SU16D rear ghost ring sight and the Kel Tec sling kit. Coming along nicely....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Digging through my ammo and found I actually have over 700 rounds of IMI's MK262 MOD1 factory, and another 500 77 grain Nosler clone reloads. Good, because I also use it in my pencil barrel Retro GAU-5/P AR-15 build (also 1/7 twist), as well as the new Kel Tec. My 1978 Mini-14 GB (Government Barrel) Model has a 1/10 twist, and I use Lake City M193 55 grain FMJs and PMC Bronze 55 grain PSP in it.

Also got the heavy duty SU16D rear ghost ring sight and the Kel Tec sling kit. Coming along nicely....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts