Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted my FFL about picking up my P3AT today and found out that I can't have it till Dec 4th!!!
This stems from some silly AZ law requiring FFL's to get a Pawn License to buy used guns!! This law says that they have to wait 10 business days before they can release it. I'm stuck!! My Kel-Tec is in legal limbo!!

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
denfoote,
Well, that sucks!
You can console yourself, however, in that at least you live in a gun-friendly state...
And that you know the day you'll get your pistol! Talk about problems getting a P-3AT... Midiman prepaid for his several years ago, it seems, and it FINALLY came in, Praise the Lord, and NOW it's being processed by the state to obtain a new fired case because the distributor forgot that NY was a state that required one before sale!!! Talk about being in legal limbo... there's no telling how long this'll take! (I'm sure Midi'll be along shortly to enlighten us a bit on the procedure). :mrgreen:
Flyer

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
That does stink! I am so glad to live in a state where I can walk in the store, buy what I want, and walk out with it -- no waiting period (for CWL holders), no ballistic finger printing, and no limits on how many I can buy in a month! Of course, that "freedom" does make spontaneous purchases more likely, and thus -- adverse affects to the budget.... :?

G

·
Finally!

Well i'm pleased to announce that I broke down (like someone had to twist my arm! :p ) and picked up my P3AT tonight! H2XXX, I was in and out of the dealers door in 30 minutes. Luckily that had just gotten three in and I was able to choose the one of the three that I wanted. The one that I picked had the best magazine release of the three. The other two seemed to have a mushy mag release and it caused the magazine to not want to come out. I am pleased as the P3AT seems much better in my hand than I anticipated. As soon as I have a chance to shoot it I will post an update.

G

·
Re:

flyandscuba said:
That does stink! I am so glad to live in a state where I can walk in the store, buy what I want, and walk out with it -- no waiting period (for CWL holders), no ballistic finger printing, and no limits on how many I can buy in a month! Of course, that "freedom" does make spontaneous purchases more likely, and thus -- adverse affects to the budget.... :?
scuba,
One of my CCW permits is a Florida permit but I don't live there. Florida's permits don't say on them if they are resident or non resident and I wonder if I am eligible to purchase a handgun in Florida also? Humm, I'll have to do some checking on that I guess.

Rook

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sorry Rook,

They'll want to see a Florida address on that CWL -- and also your FLORIDA driver's license to complete the sale.

As a resident of a bordering state, you can buy a long gun in Florida -- just not a pistol. Same thing goes for me in Georgia.

G

·
F&S
I figured as much. It's really a stupid law that allows someone to buy a riot gun from out of state that they could take out a whole shopping center with but won't allow a person to buy a handgun? :? Some more of our retarded politicians logic.

Rook

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took possession!!!

It seems that the gentleman that I spoke to over the phone miscalculated!!
My P3AT sits beside me as I type this!!

In fact, here are my beloved mice!! P32 on the left. P3AT on the right. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts