Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the indoor range/gunshop a couple of days ago and saw the new Aguila IQ ammunition. The dealer had a sign on it that said "Law inforcement and CCW Holders Only". When I quetioned the owner about it, he said they had gotten a request form the BATF to restrict it's sale from the general public, and they said they were reviewing it to see if it should be banned. Almost sounds as like if you want any, now would be a good time to stock up. The best price I've found for this is on Aims web site. They don't have 40 S&W listed, but they do have it if you call.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/

http://www.aguilaammo.com/iq.htm

MD

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hadn't thought of that, you could be right.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing was printed on the box itself, it was a hand lettered signed in front of the ammunition--They said that it was a "request" by the BATF while they reviewed the ammunition.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess I'm a little gullible--I like the dealer as a person, but have only bought one gun from him. I use the indoor range, but that's controlled by another person. I've only been going their off and on for a year (Summer time I shoot outdoors). Any way to find out if this is a bunch of BS, or has some truth? If it's complete BS, I'll call him on it-----

MD

G

·
i have a Detective buddy of mine that used to be a BATF taskforce agent. I'll have him reach out to someone in the BATF local office and see if this is hinky or not. Give me a few days to a week to reach someone.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Well, my gunshop has a ton of it, on sale no less...
No word from THEM about it being an endangered species.
Flyer

G

·
If it were banned than I think that it would be a first. If I remember correctly even the Black Talon wasn't banned it was the associated bad press and cop killer references. Has BATF ever banned ammo?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know if any has been banned or not---They didn't say it was banned, just a request not to sell to the general public. Monday I'll call another dealer that I know, and ask him if he's heard anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts