Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of a way to shield the magizine release button from being bumped by your finger or pushed in by a holster causing the magizine to pop out?
I never had this happen to me but sometimes while handling the gun my fingers brush the button and I can see where it could be possible for the magizine to pop out.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
diamondmike said:
Does any one know of a way to shield the magizine release button from being bumped by your finger or pushed in by a holster causing the magizine to pop out?
I never had this happen to me but sometimes while handling the gun my fingers brush the button and I can see where it could be possible for the magizine to pop out.
This should be a non-issue.

G

·
When I try to drop the mag I have to shift my grip so my trigger finger doesn't block the mag release on the palm side. I agree with midiman. It's a non issue.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
You'cn always use a small file and sandpaper to shorten the release so it takes a FIRM push to release the mag! Won't have to worry about accidental release then.
Flyer

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Almost anything is possible!

I used to think mags. popping out was a non-issue too!.
Years ago I had a Berreta Jet-Fire in a Bianchi inside the pants holster and was sitting on the bleachers at my sons football game and POP!, down went my magizine through the bleachers into the snow, this lesson costed me 20 dollars for a new magazine. I know these are two different guns!, but on the Berreta the mag. release button is counter sunk in the grip, making it look more impossible to happen then with the kel-tec.
I thought about doing what Flyer suggested but I do not know if the button is hollow in the middle.

·
Registered
345 Posts
FWIW, this happens to my P32 and P-3AT frequently. I do not have a fix and may try filing the mag release to see if that helps. Whereas the gun is in my front pocket, I'm not at risk of losing the mag, but if I ever needed the gun I may find myself with a single shot followed by tap-rack-bang...

Allan

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
Kinda off topic, but interesting anyway:
The first H & K P-7 disassembly buttons had a tendency to get depressed during shooting.
So, the gun disassembled itself.
BAD P-7!
So, the fix was to grind the button's surface down below the grip.
Now they come that way.
Interesting, eh? Aye?
Flyer

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are not hollow.

another thing you can do is get a properly fitting holster with a small hole cut where it hits the mag release.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts