Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one of these? I fired a friend's at the range yesterday. WOW what a great pistol! I forgot how much fun a .22 can be at the range!

I might have to pick one up!
(at $330 for the gun with two bbls its a great deal)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had an early model with the 5 inch barrel that has the small muzzle break/weight on the end. Had mag. problems that S&W fixed and then the screws holding the front sight and the muzzle weight on kept coming loose while firing. I finally just wrenched the screws down and it seemed to hold. I read on another forum about the frames cracking so I sold mine. Not sure if there is any truth to that but decided to buy something different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have 2 P22's in our family, my wife's and my father-in-law's. My wife's is the grey bodied one with the long and short barrel. My father-in-law's is a 5" black on black. Both work flawlessly but they have their quirks. First off, the early run had a bad designed magazine, make sure you have the "-A" mags. Second, the barrel is held on with a screw on end cap that works itself loose sometimes. Not a big deal you just need to check it about every 500 rounds (or when you're cleaning it). The compensator (not really a compensator, just an add on for looks) will come loose if you don't check it too. All of the loose issues can be resolved with blue locktight.

Overall the guns are a blast to shoot, quite accurate and very hand friendly. I bought a Neos U22 and put a red dot on it but the wife didn't like the bulk and after she shot her dad's P22 she was hooked.

BTW, we have about 500 rounds through our P22 with 2 FTE's and 1 FTFs' both related to ammo (cheap 525 Winchesters). The other has ~1000 rounds through it with roughly the same performance. Overall we are very happy with ours. I think some of the bad press is from people who don't know or aren't willing to take the time to learn the guns quirks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input! Like I said, I shot my friend's pistol and loved it! The price seems resonable for a walther too. 8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I picked up one of these bad boys yesterday. The "military green" body with black slide, and the two barrel kit. (along with a brick of the no powder collibri bullets) they are quiet!!

I love this little shooter. not to mention it fits perfectly in my 9 year old daughter's hand...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was out of town at a conference last week & came across one at a fair price, so I bought it. I haven't even had a chance to fire it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I bought the standard black short-barrel model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Trebuchet
I have a p22, and have about 1000 rounds through. Its a great shooter, fun and cheep. Good luck with yours.
Skyking :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've owned mine since last Sept., had alot of feeding problems with mine untill I sent the original mags back to S&W and they sent me the newer ones with the letter "A' on them. Now the gun eats anything I put thru it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one as well. I'm pretty sure that all my issues are ammo related. It's a great gun for practicing the basics, and the failures just allow me to practice failure drills. When this Winchester brick is shot up I'll try a different manufacturer and see if that solves my problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is brand new. one of the walther/smith (both names are on it) The mags have the "A" on them, and I bought a second finger ext mag. I will probably buy an ext end cap to replace the one on my other mag.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I just dumped 500 rnds of federal "bulk pack" hollow points through it. no problems what so ever. except for needing to leave the range at the end of the box!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts