Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Hello to everyone. I am new here and have read many of the posts regarding the SU-16. I recently got one new in a trade for an old CETME rifle. Needless to say I am very impressed with this little rifle. It is as acurate as any .223 semi I have ever had. It right now holds better groups at 100 yards than my DPMS Ar-15!!!
The only thing I would like to do is replace the factory plastic rear aperature sight for one that allows for windage and elevation adjustment. The current front sight arrangement works ok, but is a bit awkward for adjustment. I see from posts that many of you have installed scopes or dot style sights. I like aperature style sights, and see a lot of potential with the factory front sight and a good rear sight. The front blade is nice and thin and is sweet to line up even at the 100 yard range. Of course I plan to put a good dot sight on the rifle, but I like to have good old iron sights to fall back on. I'd appreciate any input!! thanks! :ak2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
replacement rear sight

Thanks guys!! I was looking in brownells and found 2 sights that were okay, but this Bushmaster sight looks to be much better, Definitely have to get one!!! I think there is enought adjustment on the front sight to allow for a slightly higher mounted rear sight.:ar15:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts