192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Beretta Stampede Deluxe and a Colt .45

also a rig I ordered

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
single action

pretty, pretty, pretty. first beretta i've seen. how does it compare to colt? always wanted a "cowboy" gun but never got around to it. :(

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I don't like about Beretta is the transfer bar like Rugers. Its supposed to be safer by permitting a shell under the hammer but I had a Ruger that was sticky and would lock up (the tbar would lock up under the firing pin). I broke my own rule though because this Beretta with the charcoal blue was so pretty.

This Colt is very slick but they don't come out of the box that way. They are real pricey too.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Beretta makes a single action???!!!?? What is the world coming to! I love Single actions. In fact it broke my heart to sell em all. I had 3 super nice version. I had a Traditions convesion model , a Uberti copy, 45colt/45acp vaqero, and a Ruger Black Hawk 357mag early model. Now All I have is a Super Single Six, but it has two cylanders so it counts for 2 right? LOL Oh and this little guy!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice rig

is that nickel Beretta a .357?

that's what mine is, .38 spl ammo is cheap compared to .45 Long Colt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep, it's a .357, and you're right - the ammo for it is about 1/2 of what you'd pay for the .45lc. It shoots to POA.

I’ve heard talk of a lot of folks having problems with the Stampede, but I haven’t experienced any of them. I don’t believe you can use and abuse the Stampede in the same way you can a Ruger Vaquero, and a lot of people don’t understand that. And if someday I have problems that are cost prohibitive to fix, it sure would look nice in a fancied-up cowboy rig to hang over a saddle as a showpiece.

Have you shot any of the AWA guns? I had a Peacekeeper – Sheriff’s model. Smooth action. The biggest complaint I had was you had to take the whole ejector housing off to get the cylinder out! When I called AWA to get the shorter pin, they said, “Oh yeah, we know it was that way when we made them.” And to top it off, they still sent me the wrong pin. So I just sold it, as I was not impressed with their customer service and figured it wasn’t going to get much better

The rig and cuffs were made for other cowboy shooters.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the opportunity to check out the new Berettas at a shop the other day & I was impressed with the look & feel. I'm not really a SAA enthusiast, but I have a recent .44 Vaquero and my Dad has a .45 Colt SAA (man. in 1958) so I am at least familiar with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts