Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Steyr Pistol's Unsafe in Condition 1?

I am sure that some of you that own Steyr Pistols have searched some of the general shooting forums and encountered threads debating the safety of Steyr M or S series pistols carried with a round in the chamber. Or maybe you haven't. There was a long one on TFL if I remember correctly. This subject just came up on TheHighRoad.Org again:

The Steyer is NOT safe with one in the chamber, the only thing that restrains the striker/firing pin is the blocking nub in front of the striker finger. On my gun, this is an engagement of .050". If a rap displaces the relationship of the slide to the receiver, or if wear tolerances build up, the finger can jump over the nub and BANG ! Even with all the safties on in the receiver.
The text quoted above is from http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56119

Has anyone ever personally seen or heard second hand of an AD due to mechanical failure on a Steyr S or M series? You know, sometimes I think the Internet is full of idiots.

I'm posting this here because I've felt that the old KTOG and the new KTRANGE always had a higher information to noise ratio than other venues.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.