Kel-Tec Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a picture of a Micromax on the web and I like the way it looks.

I'm a fan of the 1911 and a 1911 in .380 seems like a novelty.

Would I be wasting my time getting one of these or is it worth the effort?

This gun would be more for plinking as I just bought a P3AT for CC.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have what is probably it's predecesor... A Llama model A (I think)... A mini-1911-style in 380cal... Believe Flyer has one too. It's a really good shooter, quite accurate and concealable. I imagine it is somewhat compatible to the Bersa Thunder 380.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
I've got one of the very earliest models of the Llama .380, with a locked breech.
The Minimax versions are blowback, and have beavertails and other stuff to make them resemble hi-end 1911s.
The advantage they've got over the Bersa is their width... or lack of it. These little guns are skinny!
Anyhow, they're definitely worth the money and make excellent plinkers.
Flyer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm almost sold...

How similar to my Colt 1911 will the internals be?

Are there any problems comon to this pistol?

Are accessories hard to find?(Holster,spare mags)

Is $230 a good price for NIB?

Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think the Bersa sells for around $300 at Academy. $230 for the mini-max NIB sounds like a really good buy. Hell, that's less than KT.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Years ago a friend of mine had the Llama .22lr and the .380, I tried forever to get him to sell me the .22. It was a blast to shoot. Had a .380 for a while and traded it to a guy at work, "he wanted something with a magazine so could hide it from his kids a load it quick" I told him to get a lock box and keep his .38
Well the YL likes the model 36, and I'm still hoping to find a Llama .22 VGC....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I dont have a micromax, I have a minimax .45 I think the micros are a slim and the mini and a widebody pistol. It was reasonably priced and its ok for target practice. Almost heavy as heck though

·
Registered
33 Posts
$300 for a Bersa 380 no way $200to 230 , Id buy a Bersa 380 over a Llama any day. My last Llama 45 extractoe broke a 350 rounds has fired maybe 5or6 mags without a jam.Hell pawn shop won t even buy it or take it on trade for another pistol.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
That's because they'd don't have good resale value... dealer prices are low, so they're not inclined to make good trade offers.
I've seen plenty of good Llama 1911 pattern pistols that worked just fine.
Flyer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts