Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite action target? I have used the standard spinners. Do the auto resetable metal targets work very well?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a steel resetable. Has two 3 inch circles at the bottom and a 2 1/2 inch reset target at the top. Sometimes they will swing up too hard and not catch. But I prefer them to paper when shooting in the rain or at unsupervised ranges (fewer trips into scarry territory). The nephews definitely perfer them since there is some motion on impact. Buy the best you can afford and get something rated for the next level from what you will be using on it. You would be surprised at what a 9mm will do to one only rated for 38 special. Those rated for full pressure 38 super, 357 and 44 mag wil usually last many years when used with lighter loads.

·
Banned
5,800 Posts
In the summer, when a friend who owns a sizable farm is around, I have my own type of "action" target...
He's got a cliff about fifty feet high and a hundred yard long, so I've got a nice, HIGH backstop.
I took a cardboard box and rigged it up so a pull string allows the lid (rigged with rubber bands) to fly back. Inside I put half a dozen 6 inch helium balloons.
I back off fifteen yards, get ready, and yank the string.
Yeee-hawww!!!
Bright, flying yellow and blue baubles to blow away!!! :D
Flyer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts