Kel-Tec Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recommendation is at least 40 grain, so far I've not found any 40+ grain that my PMR-30 does not like. Here is what I've tried so far:
  1. CCI Max-MAg 40 grain JHP
  2. (CCI) Speer Gold Dot 40 grain GDHP-SB JHP
  3. Hornady Critical Defense 45 grain FTX
  4. Norma 40 grain JHP
  5. Fiocchi 40 grain JSP (game point)
  6. Winchester Dynapoint 45 grain
If you know of something that does not work -- please reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The recommendation is at least 40 grain, so far I've not found any 40+ grain that my PMR-30 does not like. Here is what I've tried so far:
  1. CCI Max-MAg 40 grain JHP
  2. (CCI) Speer Gold Dot 40 grain GDHP-SB JHP
  3. Hornady Critical Defense 45 grain FTX
  4. Norma 40 grain JHP
  5. Fiocchi 40 grain JSP (game point)
  6. Winchester Dynapoint 45 grain
If you know of something that does not work -- please reply.
I have a Gen 1 PRM-30 brand new - would not fire a damn round without hanging. Tried every brand. Sent it back to Ket-Tec cost over 100.00 for shipping. They didn't fix shit!! Called them. They said send it back. I asked them if they would pay shipping this time. NO. I said piss on Kel-Tec until I found this kit. I installed it myself and not one damn hang though 500 rounds or better. Doesn't make a damn bit of difference what I put through it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What Batspid said. Install the kit, at least the feed ramp,spring kit, and the new clip release. You'll love your "new gun" then. There's a weird looking spring that can be difficult to install. Either use Mcarbo's tool, or install spring before you set your feed ramp. I can even put the 30 grain through mine without a hiccup. Don't let it intimidate you, it's an easy install. The gun does have to come apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts